Getting Windows User's Account Type

Go to solution Solved by Jos,

Hi all. How can I get current user type? I want to get is user administrator or is standard user. I can't use the IsAdmin() function because if uac is active, this returns negative value. I've searched but I haven't found.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by sanaldosya

That's deprecated.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I will add restricted version to my program. If user is standard user, will run restricted version. If user is administrator, will run completely version. Even if user is administrator,  if uac is active IsAdmin() function returns negative value.

Edited by sanaldosya

• Developers

So you want to know whether the current userid is part of the administrators group of the computer?

It is clear that the isadmin() will only return a 1 when actually running at that level.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yes, I want this. If add #RequireAdmin, my program won't run in standard users. If administrator user has password, will want password. Instead I want to run restricted version. If user is administrator, with this code will want uac permission. 

ShellExecute(@ScriptFullPath, "", "", "runas")
Edited by sanaldosya

• Developers

Are these users listed in the Computers Administrators group or are they given in another way Admin access?

When they are in the Administrators group you could enumerate the users in the group and see if the @username is in it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
  • Solution

Something like this maybe:

$oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "ComError")
If  UserInGroup(@LogonDomain,@UserName,"Administrators") then
    msgbox(0,"Validate","User exists in specified groupname")
Else
    msgbox(0,"Validate","User does NOT exist in specified groupname")
EndIf

Exit
; Check if User is in a group
Func UserInGroup($Domain, $UserName, $InGroup)
    Local $objUser = ObjGet("WinNT://" & $Domain & "/" & $UserName)
    For $oGroup in $objUser.Groups
        If $oGroup.Name = $InGroup Then
            Return 1
        EndIf
    Next
    Return 0
EndFunc
;COM Error function
Func ComError()
    If IsObj($oMyError) Then
        $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)
        SetError($HexNumber)
    Else
        SetError(1)
    EndIf
    Return 0
EndFunc   ;==>ComError

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.