BlockInput..... query...

zeno

I'm doing a silent software install of some software, but during the install the MS Installer screen pops up intermittently(this is due to the software installer) for 1-2seconds and then disappears.

Provided the users don't click "Cancel" when the MS Installer screen pops up the install will work fine.

What I want to do is to use BlockInput to disable input during the full period of the software installation. I have tried using the following script..

BlockInput(1)

;This just notifies user of the the install and tells them keyboard input is blocked

SplashTextOn()

Sleep(5000)

:Launch program installation

Run(c:\program\install.exe /silent)

Splashoff()

BlockInput(0)

But what I've found from executing the above is that the Blockinput only works only until the end of Sleep(5000)

Once the program instalaltion starts "Run" the blockinput functions doesn't work anymore.....

Is there anyway I can block input for the duration of the "Run"

Thanks...........

Zeno

I dont know much of this, but perhaps you could add in a

Run("program")

WinWaitActive("name of installer")

BlockInput(1)

in additon to the script you have, to make sure that it is set. The helpfile is not very helpful on this command. If that doesnt do it, it probably wont work, I'm sure someone else will have insight ...

---Sparkes.

I am bit lazy

so copy pasted from helpfile:

RunWait

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runs an external program and pauses script execution until the program finishes.

RunWait ( "filename" [, "workingdir" [, flag]] )

hmm this makes me think everyone has the helpfile also try that

I understand what the Runwait command does but how does this relate to the Blockinput not working.

Because the Run("c:\program files|....\setup.exe /QI) is the actual program thats launching the additional MSI screens I'm mentioning...

So how will using Runwait work..........

Just tried it and it doesn't seem i work..............

I understand what the Runwait command does but how does this relate to the Blockinput not working.

Because the Run("c:\program files|....\setup.exe /QI) is the actual program thats launching the additional MSI screens I'm mentioning...

So how will using Runwait work..........

Just tried it and it doesn't seem i work..............

I suggest you to take a look here and use the fine options to really mute the whole installation.