Prevent autoit from closing?

The problem I am having is trying to prevent autoit from closing when running a specific script. The script that I wrote runs a program, and at the end of the program it needs to close all processes. The problem is that it also closes the autoit script, not allowing it to finish. This keeps the program stuck, also unable to finish.

Is there anyway to elevate the script so that it is not included in the closed processes? Explorer.exe, for example, obviously doesn't close. How can I set the script to be in the same "category", if you will, as explorer.exe? Or any other solution to prevent the script from closing?

Please post your script so we can help you.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Here is my script:

Global $hCtrl = 0, $Waiting = True

run("adwcleaner")

WinWaitActive("- AdwCleaner - v3.213 - Xplode - Général Changelog Team -")
ControlClick("- AdwCleaner - v3.213 - Xplode - Général Changelog Team -", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]")

Do
sleep(10)
Until ControlCommand("- AdwCleaner - v3.213 - Xplode - Général Changelog Team -", "", "Button4", "IsEnabled")

ControlClick("- AdwCleaner - v3.213 - Xplode - Général Changelog Team -", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:4]")
WinWaitActive("- AdwCleaner - Closing programs -")
Send("{Enter}")
WinWaitActive("- AdwCleaner - Informations -")
ControlClick("- AdwCleaner - Informations -", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

This is for the program "AdwCleaner". It is a virus removal program. I am trying to automate the process through autoit. It gets to the first "Send("{Enter}"), but then the programs close and cannot continue past that.
Edited by AlexKirst

Is your script being closed during "- AdwCleaner - Closing programs -"?

Might need to add you script|exe to a "do not touch"|trusted list of AdwCleaner.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I don't think that Adwcleaner has a trusted list. I was hoping that there was a way to prevent it within the script, or maybe a permission change for autoit? The program is closing after the  "-AdwCleaner - Closing programs -", where I send the "Enter" command to say okay.

Edited by AlexKirst

Sounds like a question for the AdwCleaner forum.  Or google.

Does the script actually end?  Probably better to do a ControlClick then the send, to ensure you actually click your expected button.

Your script should not end, since it will wait, indefinitely, for window="- AdwCleaner - Informations -"

If it is ending, then do the google, adwCelaner forum searches...because that's not an autoit issue.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Just idea for workaround ...

You can write some progress flag to file on disk and in OnAutoItExit event do checking of that flag.

If it's not finished then do Run(@ScriptFullPath) to itself again immediatelly after closing by other application.

At start do checking of progres flag in the file again and go to desired interrupted part of your script.

Good call.  I'd suggest driving off of a parameter, so you don't have to worry about file cleanup.

$bRegister = ($CmdLine[0]=0)
MsgBox(1,1,$CmdLine[0])

If $bRegister Then 
    OnAutoItExitRegister("CallAgain")
    ; your code...including up to where the app closes your autoit process

; if you determine your code does not need to be called again...OnAutoItExitUNRegister

EndIf

; the rest of your code

Func CallAgain()
    If $CmdLine[0]=0 Then
        If StringRight(@ScriptFullPath,3) = "au3" Then
            ConsoleWrite('"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\AutoIT3.exe" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" Take2' & @CRLF)
            $i = Run('"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\AutoIT3.exe" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" Take2')
        Else
            Run('"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" Take2')
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

$bRegister = ($CmdLine[0]=0)
MsgBox(1,1,$CmdLine[0])

If $bRegister Then
    OnAutoItExitRegister("CallAgain")

run("adwcleaner")

WinWaitActive("- AdwCleaner - v3.213 - Xplode - Général Changelog Team -")
ControlClick("- AdwCleaner - v3.213 - Xplode - Général Changelog Team -", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]")

Do
    sleep(10)
Until ControlCommand("- AdwCleaner - v3.213 - Xplode - Général Changelog Team -", "", "Button4", "IsEnabled")

ControlClick("- AdwCleaner - v3.213 - Xplode - Général Changelog Team -", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:4]")
WinWaitActive("- AdwCleaner - Closing programs -")
Send("{Enter}")

EndIf

WinWaitActive("-")
ControlClick("- AdwCleaner - Informations -", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")

Func CallAgain()
    If $CmdLine[0]=0 Then
        If StringRight(@ScriptFullPath,3) = "au3" Then
            ConsoleWrite('"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\AutoIT3.exe" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" Take2' & @CRLF)
            $i = Run('"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\AutoIT3.exe" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" Take2')
        Else
            Run('"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" Take2')
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

This is what I have so far then, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I am still stuck in the same location, and it looks like the scripts ends when I look in my taskbar in the same place as last time. Did I put my code in wrong?

• 7 months later...