Uninstalling the Beta

ligenza

Okay. I have AutoIt installed in addition to an older version of the beta. I thought I'd save some time by putting all my work in a subdirectory of the AutoIt examples folder. After all I'm looking at the examples often enough so it seemed like a good logical choice. A few weeks pass. I want to upgrade to the latest version of the beta so I figured I'd click the uninstall program in the beta directory to remove the old beta before installing the new one. Do you want to uninstall AutoIt Beta it asks. Yes. As I watch in horror my entire AutoIt directory is gone in a flash. Including all my code. Yay. This is just a warning to others. Maybe I missed the huge red label but deleting custom made folders in the main AutoIt directory when uninstalling an old beta is not something I expected. I recovered some files through forensic analysis but the majority are lost. It's my fault for not making backups!

Okay. I have AutoIt installed in addition to an older version of the beta. I thought I'd save some time by putting all my work in a subdirectory of the AutoIt examples folder. After all I'm looking at the examples often enough so it seemed like a good logical choice. A few weeks pass. I want to upgrade to the latest version of the beta so I figured I'd click the uninstall program in the beta directory to remove the old beta before installing the new one. Do you want to uninstall AutoIt Beta it asks. Yes. As I watch in horror my entire AutoIt directory is gone in a flash. Including all my code. Yay. This is just a warning to others. Maybe I missed the huge red label but deleting custom made folders in the main AutoIt directory when uninstalling an old beta is not something I expected. I recovered some files through forensic analysis but the majority are lost. It's my fault for not making backups!

Sorry for the trouble. It is not an excuse that you better not to put your file with the AutoItInstalled file. It is true that the beta uninstall remove all file under beta dir but not under the official AutoIt dir

I will try to improve that for next installer.

You were the first that complain since we introduce the beta installer. You Win...

Sorry again about the trouble. ;)

Sorry for the trouble. It is not an excuse that you better not to put your file with the AutoItInstalled file. It is true that the beta uninstall remove all file under beta dir but not under the official AutoIt dir

I will try to improve that for next installer.

You were the first that complain since we introduce the beta installer. You Win...

Sorry again about the trouble. :P

It removes all files under the official AutoIt directory. I'm glad I won, though I still wish I had all my code back. ;)

I don't feel as though it's anyones fault but my own. I should of had backups.

Hi!

Try to get your files back with tools like "PC INspector File recovery". IT rescued very often data, I deleted.

Good luck, peethebee

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvGerman Forums: http://www.autoit.deGerman Help File: http://autoit.de/hilfe vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Hi!

Try to get your files back with tools like "PC INspector File recovery". IT rescued very often data, I deleted.

Good luck, peethebee

I already used a forensic analysis software similiar to the one you mentioned to recover my data. Sadly most of it was overwritten already and could not be recovered. ;)