reading dbisam with autoit?

Hey guys, I'm not really new to AutoIt but so far I've been able to figure out a way to do what I've needed to pretty successfully but I've come across a hurtle I haven't been able to solve.

I need to bring arrays in from a tables file that is in the dbisam format. Unfortunately AutoIt does not appear to interpret the file correctly and reads it as being similar to an excel file which does not give me anywhere near what I need.

I do have a program on my computer called Dbsys which can be used to open the tables files, but if it is possible to integrate it in my script that does not require Dbsys to be on the computer I haven't found it. does anyone have any recommendations or tips?

I can include pics of how auto it reads the file versus how it needs to be read if that would assist in anyway.

Your best bet is to use the ODBC dll, which you can FileInstall and use after creating the required entries in registry.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

ahh...I was afraid it was going to need to rely on some kind of call to a DLL. My scripting is incredibly rusty because its been 5 or 6 long years since I've needed to do anything too complex. I installed the dll, now I have to figure out what part of the DLL I need to call in order to read the tables file. Thanks for the advice! :)

How to read data using ODBC/ADO is described here.

The necessary Connection String is described here.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm going to guess the answer is no because I did not find any when I looked, but there wouldn't happen to be any example scripts for something similar to this, they help me learn more then reading does. I was also a bit more of a kinesthetic learner. I can figure it out from the material it will just take me longer.

Ehm, the answer to which question is no? :huh:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Look at >this thread for example: I posted an ADO (= ODBC) wrapper whose interface is similar to the standard SQLite included with AutoIt.

Use the forum search feature on ODBC or ADO and you'll find lots of examples for various contexts.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Search the web for dbisam and visual basic. Such examples can easily be translated to AutoIt.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

DBISAM uses fixed-length records with directly-addressable offsets in the physical table format so strip the header and read the DAT file directly (probably numbers are binary written)

The physical table format has changed for version 4 and all tables in 3.x

and as encryption and compression could be used it can be hard to read from DAT file directly

Physical Table Layout

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DBISAM tables are divided into up to 3 physical files, one for data records, one for indexes, and one for BLOB data (if there are BLOB fields present in the table):

File Type Description

Data File

Used to store a fixed-length header for table-wide definitions such as the table description, field counts, autoinc values, etc., the fixed-length field definitions for the table, and the fixed-length data records themselves. The use of a fixed-length header, field definitions, and data records allows for easier verification and/or repair of tables in the case of physical table corruption. Please see the Verifying and Repairing Tables topic for more information. All data records contain a small record header and the field data. BLOB fields contains a link to the BLOB file where the actual variable-length BLOB data is stored in a blocked format.

Index File

Used to store a fixed-length header for index statistics, index counts, etc., the fixed-length index definitions, and the fixed-length index pages themselves. The index page size is variable and can be set between 1024 bytes and 16 kilobytes on a per-table basis. All index pages for all primary, secondary, and full text indexes are stored in this file.

BLOB File

Used to store a fixed-length header for BLOB statistics, etc. and the fixed-length BLOB blocks themselves. The BLOB block size is variable and can be set between 64 bytes and 64 kilobytes on a per-table basis. All BLOB blocks for all BLOB fields are stored in this file.

The file extensions used for these physical files can be changed. Please see the Customizing the Engine topic for more information. The default file extensions are as follows:

http://www.elevatesoft.com/manual?action=viewtopic&id=dbisam4&product=d&version=7&topic=dbisam_architecture

http://www.elevatesoft.com/products?category=dbisam&type=visualstudio

http://www.elevatesoft.com/supportfaq?category=dbisam

http://www.google.nl/url?url=http://www.elevatesoft.com/dbisam4rscppxe.pdf&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=iTStU8CYIIboywPQrYCYBQ&ved=0CBQQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNG-D6MLSBu23oc9pAwEpmE0b3fx2A

If you want to use ADO then the Connection String is describe here, Page 11.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

To lsit all installed OLE DB providers run the following example from the wiki.The OLE DB provider is needed for the Connection String.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki