Lost script. recovery?

Guest eagle00789

Guest eagle00789

Hey,

I have created a few Scripts for myself and converted them to exe, but now i want to change 1 of my scripts, but i have forgotten the passphrase. is there a possibillity to recover the script without the passphrase?

Greetings eagle00789

Hey,

I have created a few Scripts for myself and converted them to exe, but now i want to change 1 of my scripts, but i have forgotten the passphrase. is there a possibillity to recover the script without the passphrase?

Greetings eagle00789

What did you do to the original source codes? As far as I am aware, "converting them to exe" does not normally mean that they are literally converted to exe.

To answer your question, I think you need to send Jon a PM.

Edited by SumTingWong

This topic has been disuss THAT often, please search for it with the forum's search!!

peethebee

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvGerman Forums: http://www.autoit.deGerman Help File: http://autoit.de/hilfe vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Your point is exactly right, w0uter, but I can understand that he probably does not want to do so. Moreover, ther is only one thing to say about: KEEP BACKUPS and do not protect your exes with pass phrases.

Edit:

eagle00789 has posted here the first time. I do not think that anyone of us has coded a GOOD script withoutposting in the supprot forums at least 1 time... So I guess that it is not your own program, eagle00789? Correct me if I'm wrong and try to prove it please.

peethebee

Edited by peethebee

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvGerman Forums: http://www.autoit.deGerman Help File: http://autoit.de/hilfe vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Guest eagle00789

eagle00789 has posted here the first time.

True

I do not think that anyone of us has coded a GOOD script withoutposting in the supprot forums at least 1 time...

Not true. I think that there are more people coding in autoit with ever posting in the forums

So I guess that it is not your own program, eagle00789?

Yes of course it's my own program.

Correct me if I'm wrong and try to prove it please.

Already did, and how do you want me to prove it that it is my own.....

Eagle

p.s. The original code got destroyed when my hard-disc crashed. the exe itself was on a dvd, so that's why i still have the exe and not the script. (i lost even a hell lot more then just that script. also a lot of small programs written in delphi are gone.)

Edited by eagle00789

Welcome to the forums!

Here are three threads that discuss this topic to near-completion, but in summary: people who want to compile their scripts not to be decompilable want peace of mind that their work is safe, so talk of circumventing this behaviour (even when those bringing up the topic claim to be the original author) is generally frowned upon.

Your only tangible option (besides rewriting your script) is to PM Jon with a copy of the EXE and a brief rundown of what the script does and how it works, but best not get your hopes up.

Guest eagle00789

Welcome to the forums!

Here are three threads that discuss this topic to near-completion, but in summary: people who want to compile their scripts not to be decompilable want peace of mind that their work is safe, so talk of circumventing this behaviour (even when those bringing up the topic claim to be the original author) is generally frowned upon.

Your only tangible option (besides rewriting your script) is to PM Jon with a copy of the EXE and a brief rundown of what the script does and how it works, but best not get your hopes up.

In that case. i'm going to try and rewrite it. thx for the info thoug