Registry question..

Paradox

Hey all, I'm coming down to a wraps on my project... (about damn time).. Here's one of the last things that I can't figure out...

In my script, I'm editing the registry to reflect some post-installation changes. However, when I run it through the script, the main application kinda takes a crap... if I do the same thing manuall, it works fine. I've narrowed the crapping-out to the registry modifications, and am wondering if my syntax is correct. It is as follows:

RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DbServNT\DEMO", "DefPath", "REG_SZ", $dbpath & "\DbBases")
regwrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DbServNT", "AdminLevel", "REG_DWORD", "00000001")
regwrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DbServNT", "AdminLog", "REG_DWORD", "00000001")
regwrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DbServNT", "AdminUsrPath", "REG_SZ", $dbpath & "\DbBases")
regwrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DbServNT", "IndexLevel", "REG_DWORD", "00000001")
regwrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DbServNT", "StoreLevel", "REG_DWORD", "00000001")
regwrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DBServNT\INSURANC", "BaseRun", "REG_DWORD", "00000001")
regwrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DBServNT\INSURANC", "DefPath", "REG_SZ", $dbpath & "\DbBases")
regwrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\DOCUBASE\DBServNT\INSURANC", "StoreOdc", "REG_DWORD", "00000000")

I originally had just "1" instead of the "00000001" for the values that are getting written, but either way I get the same bad results. So now I'm wondering if my syntax is correct. The variable $dbpath just points to the installed application directory. Yes, it is correct... (ie. no spaces or minor screw ups in the variable value).

Anyone have an idea??

-Jason

Paradox I ran your script the only thing I added was $dbpath = "C:\Program Files" it run without any errors or problems. I run regedit and the register key were created. The only two thing that come to my mind is 1) Admin rights 2) $dbpath has a "\" at the end.

;) Good luck....

Edit: I use AutoIt 3.1.1 on Windows Xp professional Sp2

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

Paradox I ran your script the only thing I added was $dbpath = "C:\Program Files" it run without any errors or problems. I run regedit and the register key were created. The only two thing that come to my mind is 1) Admin rights 2) $dbpath has a "\" at the end.

;) Good luck....

Edit: I use AutoIt 3.1.1 on Windows Xp professional Sp2

I got it figured out... Don't know how to explain the answer though... It wasn't anything in my script, I think more of the order in which the operations I was performing were done.

Everythings cool now!! Woo-hoo!! :P

I got it figured out... Don't know how to explain the answer though... It wasn't anything in my script, I think more of the order in which the operations I was performing were done.

Everythings cool now!! Woo-hoo!! ;)

Mind posting the fixed code? I'm interested. Thanks.

Mind posting the fixed code? I'm interested. Thanks.

Like I said, it wasn't in my code... just the order in which I was doing things... To make a long story short: I wound up manually installing my server and client software, doing all the updates manually, testing it's functionality along the way, documented everything that I did upon successful completion, and then went through my script line by line making sure that my script followed my documented manual install to-the-T, and as soon as I did that, worked like a charm... haven't had a problem with it since...

And honestly, My script is somewhere in the vicinity of 350+ lines of code... It's been a project that I've been working on now for about a month... I don't think John would really like someone dumping that much code to a forum... If you personally would like to see it, just let me know some kind of contact info, and I'll email my source to you to look at...

-Jason