ResourcesEx UDF.

guinness

Ideally what I want to happen is for people to go through the code and scrutinise it. I mean I want to know if there are memory leaks or improvements to be made with what I have implemented.

Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

guinness,

Could I suggest that you add to the Remarks section for _Resource_LoadSound that you need to load the 2 types of sound files differently:

- mp3 as RT_RCDATA

- wav as SOUND

Otherwise you are going to get a lot of bug reports! :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Done. This will appear in the next release. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

a few proposal for better code reading:

#Region ResourcesEx.au3 - #VARIABLES#
; #VARIABLES# ===================================================================================================================
; Error enumeration flags.
Global Enum _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_NONE, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_FINDRESOURCE, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_INVALIDCONTROLID, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_INVALIDCLASS, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_INVALIDRESOURCENAME, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_INVALIDRESOURCETYPE, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_LOCKRESOURCE, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_LOADBITMAP, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_LOADCURSOR, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_LOADICON, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_LOADIMAGE, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_LOADLIBRARY, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_LOADSTRING, _
        $RESOURCE_ERROR_SETIMAGE
Global Const _
        $RESOURCE_SS_ENHMETAFILE = 0xF
Global Const _
        $RESOURCE_SS_REALSIZECONTROL = 0x40
Global Const _
        $RESOURCE_STM_GETIMAGE = 0x0173
Global Const _
        $RESOURCE_STM_SETIMAGE = 0x0172
Global Const _
        $RESOURCE_LANG_DEFAULT = 0
Global Enum _
        $RESOURCE_RT_BITMAP = 1000, _
        $RESOURCE_RT_ENHMETAFILE, _
        $RESOURCE_RT_FONT
Global Const _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_GUID = 'CA37F1E6-04D1-11E4-B340-4B0AE3E253B6'
Global Enum _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_FIRSTINDEX
Global Enum _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_ID, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_INDEX, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESETCOUNT, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_UBOUND
Global Enum _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_DLL, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_PTR, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESLANG, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESNAMEORID, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESTYPE, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_CASTRESTYPE, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_LENGTH, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_MAX, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_ADD, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_DESTROY, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_DESTROYALL, _
        $RESOURCE_STORAGE_GET

; ===============================================================================================================================
#EndRegion ResourcesEx.au3 - #VARIABLES#

and this part:

If $aStorage[$i][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_DLL] = $sDLL And _
        $aStorage[$i][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESNAMEORID] = $sResNameOrID And _
        $aStorage[$i][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESTYPE] = $iResType And _
        $aStorage[$i][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_CASTRESTYPE] = $iCastResType Then
    $bReturn = __Resource_Destroy($aStorage, $i)
    If $bReturn Then
        $iDestoryed += 1
        $aStorage[$RESOURCE_STORAGE][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESETCOUNT] += 1 ; Increase the reset count.
    EndIf
    $iDestoryCount += 1
EndIf

I prospose to change like here:

If _
        $aStorage[$i][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_DLL] = $sDLL And _
        $aStorage[$i][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESNAMEORID] = $sResNameOrID And _
        $aStorage[$i][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESTYPE] = $iResType And _
        $aStorage[$i][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_CASTRESTYPE] = $iCastResType _
        Then

$bReturn = __Resource_Destroy($aStorage, $i)
    If $bReturn Then
        $iDestoryed += 1
        $aStorage[$RESOURCE_STORAGE][$RESOURCE_STORAGE_RESETCOUNT] += 1 ; Increase the reset count.
    EndIf
    $iDestoryCount += 1
EndIf
Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Thanks. The second part is going to change anyway in the next version.

UDF List:

Great.
However I hope that the proposed concept, has gained favor.

I mean concept of multi line      "If ... Then"    constructions.

EDIT: wording

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

a few proposal for better code reading

some more proposal:

Func _Resource_GetAsString($sResNameOrID, $iResType = $RT_RCDATA, $iResLang = Default, $sDLL = Default)
    Local _
            $iError = $RESOURCE_ERROR_LOADSTRING, _
            $iLength = 0, _
            $sString = ''

Switch $iResType
        Case $RT_RCDATA
            Local $dBytes = _Resource_GetAsBytes($sResNameOrID, $iResType, $iResLang, $sDLL)
            $iError = @error
            $iLength = @extended

If $iError = $RESOURCE_ERROR_NONE And $iLength > 0 Then ; Parse the data by retrieving the correct encoding.
                Local Enum _
                        $BINARYTOSTRING_NONE, _
                        $BINARYTOSTRING_ANSI, _
                        $BINARYTOSTRING_UTF16LE, _
                        $BINARYTOSTRING_UTF16BE, _
                        $BINARYTOSTRING_UTF8
                Local _
                        $iStart = $BINARYTOSTRING_NONE, _
                        $iUTFEncoding = $BINARYTOSTRING_ANSI
                Local Const _
                        $sUTF8 = '0xEFBBBF', _
                        $sUTF16BE = '0xFEFF', _
                        $sUTF16LE = '0xFFFE', _
                        $sUTF32BE = '0x0000FEFF', _
                        $sUTF32LE = '0xFFFE0000'
                Local _
                        $iUTF8 = BinaryLen($sUTF8), _
                        $iUTF16BE = BinaryLen($sUTF16BE), _
                        $iUTF16LE = BinaryLen($sUTF16LE), _
                        $iUTF32BE = BinaryLen($sUTF32BE), _
                        $iUTF32LE = BinaryLen($sUTF32LE)

Select
                    Case BinaryMid($dBytes, 1, $iUTF32BE) = $sUTF32BE
                        $iStart = $iUTF32BE
                    Case BinaryMid($dBytes, 1, $iUTF32LE) = $sUTF32LE
                        $iStart = $iUTF32LE
                    Case BinaryMid($dBytes, 1, $iUTF16BE) = $sUTF16BE
                        $iStart = $iUTF16BE
                        $iUTFEncoding = $BINARYTOSTRING_UTF16BE
                    Case BinaryMid($dBytes, 1, $iUTF16LE) = $sUTF16LE
                        $iStart = $iUTF16LE
                        $iUTFEncoding = $BINARYTOSTRING_UTF16LE
                    Case BinaryMid($dBytes, 1, $iUTF8) = $sUTF8
                        $iStart = $iUTF8
                        $iUTFEncoding = $BINARYTOSTRING_UTF8
                EndSelect
                $iStart += 1 ; Increase by 1 to strip the byte order mark.
                $iLength = $iLength + 1 - $iStart
                $sString = BinaryToString(BinaryMid($dBytes, $iStart), $iUTFEncoding)
            EndIf
            $dBytes = 0

Case $RT_STRING
            $sString = __Resource_Get($sResNameOrID, $iResType, $iResLang, $sDLL, $iResType)
            $iError = @error
            $iLength = @extended

EndSwitch
    Return SetError($iError, $iLength, $sString)
EndFunc   ;==>_Resource_GetAsString

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I modified the example with the font example:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6

; Binary/text resources.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=binary_1.dat, RT_RCDATA, BIN_1, 0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=text_1.txt, RT_RCDATA, TXT_1, 0

; Cursor resources.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=banana.ani, RT_ANICURSOR, ANI_CUR_1

; Image resources.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=bmp_1.bmp, RT_BITMAP, BMP_1, 0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=gif_1.gif, RT_RCDATA, GIF_1, 0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=jpg_1.jpg, RT_RCDATA, JPG_1, 0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=png_1.png, RT_RCDATA, PNG_1, 0

; Icon resources.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=icon_1.ico, RT_ICON, ICO_1, 0

; Sound resources.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav, SOUND, WAV_1, 0

; String resources.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=string_1.ini, RT_STRING

; Font resources.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=SF Square Head Bold.ttf, RT_FONT, TTF, 0

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include '..\ResourcesEx.au3' ; Improved by guinness.

Global $g_hCursor = 0, $g_hGUI = 0

; Display only if compiled.
If @Compiled Then
    If IsXP() Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', 'This example has been created for Vista and above. Therefore it''s recommended you change your system or the example. You choose.')
    Else
        Example()
    EndIf
Else
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', 'Please compile before running.')
EndIf

Func Example()
    Local Const $iHeight = 450, $iWidth = 400
    $g_hGUI = GUICreate('Resources Example', $iWidth, $iHeight, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

Local $iText_1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 5, 300, 195, 60)
    Local $iDimensions = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 200, 300, 200, 60)
    Local $iFont = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Different font loaded from resources", 5, 380, $iWidth - 10, 20)

Local $iPic_1 = GUICtrlCreatePic('', 0, 0, 200, 100)
    Local $iPic_2 = GUICtrlCreatePic('', 200, 0, 200, 100)
    Local $iPic_3 = GUICtrlCreatePic('', 0, 100, 200, 100)
    Local $iPic_4 = GUICtrlCreatePic('', 200, 100, 200, 100)
    Local $iPic_5 = GUICtrlCreatePic('', 0, 200, 200, 100)

Local $iIcon_1 = GUICtrlCreateIcon(Null, 0, 200, 205, 32, 32)

Local $iLoadCursor = GUICtrlCreateButton('Load Cursor', 5, $iHeight - 30, 85, 25)
    Local $iLoadIcon = GUICtrlCreateButton('Load Icon', 90, $iHeight - 30, 85, 25)
    Local $iLoadSound = GUICtrlCreateButton('Load Sound', 175, $iHeight - 30, 85, 25)
    Local $iSaveFile = GUICtrlCreateButton('Save File', 260, $iHeight - 30, 85, 25)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI)

; Get as a string from the executable's resources.
    Local $sString = _Resource_GetAsString('TXT_1')
    GUICtrlSetData($iText_1, $sString)

; Get a bitmap image resource.
    Local $hBmp = _Resource_GetAsBitmap('BMP_1', $RT_BITMAP)
    ; Set the bitmap image handle to the $iPic_2 controlid.
    _Resource_SetImageToCtrlID($iPic_1, $hBmp)

; Set a gif image resource to a picture controlid.
    _Resource_SetToCtrlID($iPic_2, 'GIF_1')

; Set a jpg image resource to a picture controlid.
    _Resource_SetToCtrlID($iPic_3, 'JPG_1')

; Set a png image resource to a picture controlid.
    _Resource_SetToCtrlID($iPic_4, 'PNG_1')

; Set an image to a picture controlid using an external dll.
    _Resource_SetToCtrlID($iPic_5, '#701', $RT_BITMAP, @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll')

; Set a font resource to a label
    _Resource_LoadFont('TTF')
    GUICtrlSetFont($iFont, 16, 800, 0, 'SF Square Head', 5)

; Custom function to display the size of a specific resource.
    GUICtrlSetData($iDimensions, GetImageSize('BMP_1', $RT_BITMAP) & @CRLF & _
            GetImageSize('GIF_1') & @CRLF & _
            GetImageSize('JPG_1') & @CRLF & _
            GetImageSize('PNG_1') & @CRLF)

Local $bIsCursor = False
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

Case $iLoadCursor
                If $bIsCursor Then
                    ; Remove the cursor.
                    _WinAPI_SetCursor(0)

; Unregister the WM_CURSOR message.
                    GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SETCURSOR, '')

; Destroy the cursor handle.
                    _WinAPI_DestroyCursor($g_hCursor)
                    $g_hCursor = 0
                Else
                    ; Retrieve the animated cursor and set to the current instance.
                    $g_hCursor = _Resource_GetAsCursor('ANI_CUR_1', $RT_ANICURSOR)
                    _WinAPI_SetCursor($g_hCursor)

; Register the WM_CURSOR message to reinstate the cursor after is passes over a static control.
                    GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SETCURSOR, WM_SETCURSOR)
                EndIf
                $bIsCursor = Not $bIsCursor

Case $iLoadIcon
                _Resource_SetToCtrlID($iIcon_1, 'ICO_1', $RT_ICON)

Case $iLoadSound
                ; Play a wav from the executable's resources (sync/async).
                _Resource_LoadSound('WAV_1')
                _Resource_LoadSound('WAV_1', $SND_ASYNC)

Case $iSaveFile
                ; Save binary data stored in the executable's resources.
                _Resource_SaveToFile(@ScriptDir & '\binary_data_1.dat', 'BIN_1')
                ShellExecute(@ScriptDir)

EndSwitch
    WEnd

; Destroy all the resource handles.
    _Resource_DestroyAll()

; Delete the GUI.
    GUIDelete($g_hGUI)
    Return True
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func GetImageSize($sResName, $iResType = $RT_RCDATA)
    Local $sString = ''
    Local $hImage = _Resource_GetAsImage($sResName, $iResType)
    If Not @error Then
        Local $iSize = @extended
        Local $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
        Local $iHeight = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)
        $sString = $sResName & ' is: ' & $iWidth & 'x' & $iHeight & ' and ' & $iSize & ' byte' & (($iSize = 1) ? '' : 's') & '.'
    EndIf
    Return $sString
EndFunc   ;==>GetImageSize

Func IsXP()
    Return $__WINVER < 0x0600
EndFunc   ;==>IsXP

Func WM_SETCURSOR($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam
    If $hWnd = $g_hGUI And $g_hCursor Then
        Return _WinAPI_SetCursor($g_hCursor)
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_SETCURSOR

SF Square Head Bold.ttf must be in examples folder.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Is that font allowed to be re-distributed? Plus where can I find it?

Edit: Only free for personal use >> http://www.dafont.com/sf-square-head.font

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Look into C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\Extras folder.

I cannot tell you whether it can be re-distribute or not.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

UDF List:

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <APIGdiConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIGdi.au3>
#include "ResourcesEx.au3"

;#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=digital-7.ttf, RT_FONT, TTF, 0

Global $iWait = 500, $hDLL_User32 = DllOpen("user32.dll")
;~ _WinAPI_AddFontResourceEx(@ScriptDir & '\digital-7.ttf', $FR_PRIVATE)
;~ $sInternalFontname = _WinAPI_GetFontResourceInfo(@ScriptDir & '\digital-7.ttf', 1)
_Resource_LoadFont("TTF","",@ScriptDir & "\font.dll")
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 300, 338, 192, 124, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_COMPOSITED, $WS_EX_LAYERED))
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 72, 32, 120, 98)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 20, 800, 0, "digital-7")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_TIMER, "CountDown")
DllCall($hDLL_User32, "int", "SetTimer", "hwnd", $Form1, "int", 0, "int", $iWait, "int", 0)

While 1

$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            GUIRegisterMsg($WM_TIMER, "")
            DllClose($hDLL_User32)
            GUIDelete($Form1)
;_WinAPI_RemoveFontMemResourceEx($hFont)
Exit
            Exit
    EndSwitch

WEnd

func CountDown()

GUICtrlSetData($Label1,@HOUR &":"& @MIN&":"&@SEC)
endfunc

dont read  font.dll      ,why?

_Resource_LoadFont("TTF","",@ScriptDir & "font.dll")

bmp,icon, font ,,,,,,  read from dll,,,, example ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ch86v21a7fdyanc/font.dll

Edited by mesale0077

I can't download that font.dll for whatever reason. Sorry.

UDF List:

Updated the original post with a new version. This is a minor bug fix release.

Changelog:
2014/07/15
Added: Using _Resource_LoadFont() example. (Thanks UEZ)
Added: Option to to relevant functions to re-size the image based on the control's dimensions. (Requested by kinch: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/51103-resources-udf/?p=1147525)
Added: Comments about using SOUND for wav files and RT_RCDATA for mp3 files. (Thanks Melba23)
Changed: Constants and enums readability. (Thank mLipok)
Changed: Removed changes made from the previous version for loading resources multiple times. The design needs to be re-thought.
Changed: Certain example resources to now use those found in %AUTOITDIR%\Examples\Helpfile\Extras.
Changed: Setting styles of controls using native AutoIt functions.
Changed: Internal functions for destroying resources.
Fixed: Destroying control resource images would fail to show if reinstated again.
Fixed: Documentation comments.
Fixed: Missing certain users who helped with creating this UDF.
Fixed: Outdated SciTE files.
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

mesale0077,

I forgot to mention. About your suggestion for SWF, thanks, but it goes beyond the scope of the UDF.

UDF List:

What am I doing wrong?

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=Resources\lite.png,rt_rcdata,LITE
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=Resources\dark.png,rt_rcdata,DARK

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

If @Compiled Then
    $dll = @ScriptFullPath
Else
    $dll = "Resources.dll"
EndIf

$main = GUICreate("Test", 270, 140)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "EndProgram")
$but1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 20, 20, 100, 100, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_BUTTON, $BS_FLAT, $BS_BITMAP))
_Resource_SetToCtrlID($but1, "LITE", 10, $dll)
$but2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 150, 20, 100, 100, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_BUTTON, $BS_FLAT, $BS_BITMAP))
_Resource_SetToCtrlID($but2, "DARK", 10, $dll)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $main)

While True
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func EndProgram()
    GUIDelete($main)
    Exit
EndFunc

I used 2 differents pictures for 2 different buttons. I got just one button (second one on the place of first one, or maybe they are both there - stacked).

Size of any picture doesn't exactly fit buttons. Is it bug, feature or is problem in me?

Thx 4 answer.

[right]Software is like sex - it's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)[/right]

New version. See the first post for more details.

Changelog:
2014/07/17
Added: Commented workaround in the example for re-sizing an icon control.
Added: ResourcesEx_PE.au3 created by PreExpand for all you constant variable haters out there!!!
Fixed: Changelog comments and source code comments.
Fixed: Re-sizing icons when the control was different to the icon's size. (Thanks czardas for the MSDN link and Jon.)
Fixed: Re-sizing cursors and icons in general.

UDF List:

Bench,

Could you test _GUICtrlButton_SetImage() and the try with a bitmap image instead. Would you also mind trying the old Resources UDF for me. Thanks.

UDF List:

Bench,

This works for me...

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=%AUTOITDIR%\Examples\GUI\Advanced\Images\Red.bmp, RT_BITMAP, RED
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=%AUTOITDIR%\Examples\GUI\Advanced\Images\Green.bmp, RT_BITMAP, GREEN

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 270, 140)
    Local $iButton_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 20, 20, 100, 100, $BS_BITMAP)
    Local $iButton_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 150, 20, 100, 100, $BS_BITMAP)

_Resource_SetToCtrlID($iButton_1, "RED", $RT_BITMAP)
    _Resource_SetToCtrlID($iButton_2, "GREEN", $RT_BITMAP)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    WEnd

GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

UDF List:

Hmm...I think the issue might be GUIGetStyle()?!

Edit: Reverted back to _WinAPI_SetWindowLong() approach instead. Update coming tomorrow, so Bench in the next version your code above should work. It did in the tests I conducted.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: