Sign in to follow this  
uncommon

ReplaceStringInFile Suggestion

Func __ReplaceStringInFile($szFileName, $szSearchString, $szReplaceString, $fCaseness = 0, $fOccurance = 1)
    Local $iRetVal = 0
    Local $nCount, $sEndsWith
    ; Check if file is readonly ..
    If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($szFileName), "R") Then Return SetError(6, 0, -1)
    ;===============================================================================
    ;== Read the file into an array
    ;===============================================================================
    Local $hFile = FileOpen($szFileName, $FO_READ)
    If $hFile = -1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
    Local $s_TotFile = FileRead($hFile, FileGetSize($szFileName))
    If StringRight($s_TotFile, 2) = @CRLF Then
        $sEndsWith = @CRLF
    ElseIf StringRight($s_TotFile, 1) = @CR Then
        $sEndsWith = @CR
    ElseIf StringRight($s_TotFile, 1) = @LF Then
        $sEndsWith = @LF
    Else
        $sEndsWith = ""
    EndIf
    Local $aFileLines = StringSplit(StringStripCR($s_TotFile), @LF)
    FileClose($hFile)
    ;== Open the output file in write mode
    Local $iEncoding = FileGetEncoding($szFileName)
    Local $hWriteHandle = FileOpen($szFileName, $iEncoding + $FO_OVERWRITE)
    If $hWriteHandle = -1 Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1)
    ;== Loop through the array and search for $szSearchString
    For $nCount = 1 To $aFileLines[0]
        If StringInStr($aFileLines[$nCount], $szSearchString, $fCaseness) Then
            $iRetVal = $iRetVal + 1
            If $fOccurance = $iRetVal Then
                $aFileLines[$nCount] = StringReplace($aFileLines[$nCount], $szSearchString, $szReplaceString, 1 - $fOccurance, $fCaseness)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    ;== Write the lines back to original file.
    FileClose($hWriteHandle)
    Local $Tempfile = _TempFile()
    FileWrite($Tempfile, _ArrayToString($aFileLines, @LF, 1))
    FileMove($Tempfile, $szFileName, 1)
    Return $iRetVal
EndFunc   ;==>__ReplaceStringInFile

Yes, I know guinness improved the ReplaceStringInFile function in terms of speed and  efficiency but hear me out. I made some changes to the original myself that increased the speed of the writing and more importantly for me change the occurrence option so the function would only replace that specific occurrence of string.

I not saying use my code. What I am suggesting is to add extra functionally to the ReplaceStringInFile so there is a option to replace a specific occurrence.

I could not think of a way to do this with the new one guinness made so above is just an example of how I did it with the old one.

I have also attached the file.au3 file.

File.au3

No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.Voltaire

_Array2HTMLTable()_IEClassNameGetCollection()_IEquerySelectorAll()

Looking at the the code you assume every line ends with the same EOL character and then when you come to write the data to the file you just use a linefeed character. As for adding your suggestion, I don't feel it appeals to the wider audience. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By dascondor
      So basically need to pull text from a .txt file or .sql and use that text to replace something within a different file.

First File:
      jumps

Or:
      Text1 = jumps
      Text2 = fence
      Second File:
      My Dog XXXXX over the YYYYY.

After Script:
      My Dog jumps over the fence

I have found a good start, I'm basic programmer at best, I have some experience but this gets out of my wheel house.

Any help is appreciated.

• By rudi
      Hello,
      Either drag drop the opened file on the server and the temp file, Aut2Exe could not copy to the destination file, as that one is opened, to the edits of this GUI, or take the Aut2Exe error message line to your clipboard, the line will be split automatically.
      This script does not check
      For the required rights to the destination folder (to close open file handles) for correct input Use either clipboard (Aut2Exe message), drag & drop, or copy the full paths of source and destination file *IN ONE* (don't type, if you want to do so, modify the script, for me it's fine this way ;-)  
      Example Error Message:
      !>11:19:15 Problem copying file from: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU98E6.tmp.exe To :z:\MyAutoitExeForTheUsers.exe
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <NetShare.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> ; Enumerate open files on the server $DragDropOpenFile = "<drag drop the opened file on a server share here>" $DragDropNewFile = "<drag drop the file supposed to replace the above one here>" $NewFile = "" $Gui_h = 250 $Gui_w = 800 $vDist = 7 ; GUICreate($GuiTitle, $w, $h, @DesktopWidth - $w - 100, @DesktopHeight - $h - 60, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) ; generally enable drag-drop for files into other GUI controls $myGui = GUICreate("Tool to forcibly close & replace open files on server shares", $Gui_w, $Gui_h, 100, 100, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) $InputFileToClose = GUICtrlCreateInput($DragDropOpenFile, 20, $vDist, $Gui_w - 40, 20) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) ; allow drag-droping files for this control, $InputFile Opt("Guicoordmode", 2) $InputFileNew = GUICtrlCreateInput($DragDropNewFile, -1, $vDist) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) ; allow drag-droping files for this control, $InputFile GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $lServer = GUICtrlCreateLabel("<server>", -1, $vDist) $lShare = GUICtrlCreateLabel("<share-mapping>", -1, $vDist) $lPath = GUICtrlCreateLabel("<sub-path>", -1, $vDist) $lFile = GUICtrlCreateLabel("<file>", -1, $vDist) $doit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Search and close for open file handles", -1, $vDist) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", -1, $vDist) GUISetState() $FN = False $FNnew = "" $FNmatch = False $ToolTitle = "" $ToolTxt = "" $RegExA2E = "(?i)^(?:.*?Problem copying file from: )(.*?)(?: To :)(.*$)" ; $1 = compiled local TEMP file, $2 = not replacable destination file ; Examle Replacement failed output: !>11:19:15 Problem copying file from: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU98E6.tmp.exe To :z:\MyAutoitExeForTheUsers.exe While 1 $Clip = ClipGet() If StringRegExp($Clip, $RegExA2E) Then $Src = StringRegExpReplace($Clip, $RegExA2E, "$2") GUICtrlSetData($InputFileToClose, $Src) $Dst = StringRegExpReplace($Clip, $RegExA2E, "$1") GUICtrlSetData($InputFileNew, $Dst) EndIf $input = GUICtrlRead($InputFileToClose) If $input <> $DragDropOpenFile Then ; da wurde was reingezogen $DragDropOpenFile = $input If StringLeft($input, 2) = "\\" Then $Type = "UNC" $ServerShareUNC = StringLeft($input, StringInStr($input, "\", 0, 4) - 1) $fRelPathFN = StringReplace($input, $ServerShareUNC, "") $fPath = StringLeft($fRelPathFN, StringInStr($fRelPathFN, "\", 0, -1)) $FN = StringTrimLeft($fRelPathFN, StringInStr($fRelPathFN, "\", 0, -1)) ElseIf StringMid($input, 2, 1) = ":" Then ; Pfad mit Laufwerksbuchstabe, evtl. Netzwerk Mapping (erforderlich) $drive = StringLeft($input, 2) $Type = DriveGetType($drive) If $Type = "Network" Then $ServerShareUNC = DriveMapGet($drive) $foo = StringReplace($input, $drive, $ServerShareUNC) ; Laufwerkspfad in UNC Pfad umwandeln $fRelPathFN = StringReplace($foo, $ServerShareUNC, "") $fPath = StringLeft($fRelPathFN, StringInStr($fRelPathFN, "\", 0, -1)) $FN = StringTrimLeft($fRelPathFN, StringInStr($fRelPathFN, "\", 0, -1)) Else MsgBox(48, @ScriptLineNumber, "This script can *ONLY* close remotely handles for files open on server shares!" & @CRLF & _ $input & @CRLF & _ $drive & " = " & $Type) ContinueLoop 2 EndIf EndIf $Server = StringLeft($ServerShareUNC, StringInStr($ServerShareUNC, "\", 0, 3) - 1) $Share = StringTrimLeft($ServerShareUNC, StringInStr($ServerShareUNC, "\", 0, 3) - 1) GUICtrlSetData($lServer,"Server = '" & $Server& "'") GUICtrlSetData($lShare, "Mapping = '" & $Share & "'") GUICtrlSetData($lPath, "SubPath = '" &$fPath & "'") GUICtrlSetData($lFile, "FileName= '" & $FN &"'") GUICtrlSetState($doit, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($InputFileNew, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf If $NewFile <> GUICtrlRead($InputFileNew) Then $NewFile = GUICtrlRead($InputFileNew) If $NewFile <> $DragDropNewFile Then If StringInStr($NewFile, $DragDropNewFile) Then $NewFile = StringReplace($NewFile, $DragDropNewFile, "") GUICtrlSetData($InputFileNew, $NewFile) EndIf $FNnew = StringTrimLeft($NewFile, StringInStr($NewFile, "\", 0, -1)) If $FN = $FNnew Then If $FNmatch = False Then $FNmatch = True GUICtrlSetData($doit, "Search for & Close open file handles, then replace file") EndIf Else If $FNmatch Then $FNmatch = False GUICtrlSetData($doit, "Search for & Close open file handles, then replace file") GUICtrlSetData($InputFileNew, $DragDropNewFile) EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $exit, $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($myGui) Exit Case $doit AbArbeiten($Server, $Share, $fPath, $FN) EndSwitch WEnd Func AbArbeiten($_Srv, $_Shr, $_fPth, $_fNme) Local $iID = 0 Local $iRights = 1 Local $iLckCount = 2 Local $iFPFN = 3 Local $iUser = 4 ConsoleWrite($_fPth & $_fNme & @CRLF) Local $aFile = _Net_Share_FileEnum($_Srv) If IsArray($aFile) Then ; _ArrayDisplay($aFile) Local $x $ToolTxt = "Open File Handles:" $ToolTitle = "Handles to be checked total: " & $aFile[0][0] UpdateToolTip() AdlibRegister(UpdateToolTip, 1000) For $x = $aFile[0][0] To 1 Step -1 $ToolTitle = $x & " handles remaining for checking..." If Not StringInStr($aFile[$x][$iFPFN], $_fPth & $_fNme) Then ; ConsoleWrite("Nix Enthalten in: " & $aFile[$x][$iFPFN] & @CRLF) _ArrayDelete($aFile, $x) Else $ToolTxt &= @CRLF & $aFile[$x][$iFPFN] & ", User = " & $aFile[$x][$iUser] ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ToolTxt = ' & $ToolTxt & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console EndIf Next $aFile[0][0] = UBound($aFile) - 1 _ArraySort($aFile, 0, 1, 0, $iUser) ; _ArrayDisplay($aFile, $aFile[0][0] & " FileLocks found.") If $aFile[0][0] = 0 Then $ToolTitle = "Done, no open file handles were found" $ToolTxt &= @CRLF & ", no handles to be closed for this file!" Sleep(2000) $ToolTxt = "" ReplaceFile() Else $ToolTitle = $aFile[0][0] & " open file handles were found..." $CloseErr = 0 For $x = 1 To $aFile[0][0] If _Net_Share_FileClose($Server, $aFile[$x][$iID]) Then $ToolTxt &= @CRLF & @TAB & "Handle closed: " & $aFile[$x][$iID] Else $ToolTxt &= @CRLF & "ERROR: Handle Close Failed! --> " & $aFile[$x][$iFPFN] & ", User = " & $aFile[$x][$iUser] $CloseErr += 1 EndIf Next ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $CloseErr = ' & $CloseErr & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console If $CloseErr = 0 Then $ToolTitle = "All found open file handles could be closed." ReplaceFile() Else $ToolTitle = $CloseErr & " Handles could *NOT* be closed!" Sleep(2000) EndIf Sleep(1000) $ToolTxt = "" $ToolTitle = "" EndIf Else MsgBox(0, "not an array", $aFile & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @extended & @CRLF & _ "Unable to retrieve the array of open file handles for " & $Share) EndIf EndFunc ;==>AbArbeiten Func UpdateToolTip() ToolTip($ToolTxt, MouseGetPos(0) + 20, MouseGetPos(1) + 20, $ToolTitle) ; ConsoleWrite( $ToolTxt & @CRLF & $ToolTitle & @CRLF & "-------------------" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>UpdateToolTip Func ReplaceFile() If FileExists($NewFile) Then If FileCopy($NewFile, $input, 1 + 8) Then $ToolTitle = "File successfully replaced." $ToolTxt = "Done" Else $ToolTitle = "File could *NOT* be replaced." $ToolTxt = "Possibly another open file handle spawned while this script was running." & @CRLF & _ "Simply start over again, please." MsgBox(48, $ToolTitle, $ToolTxt) EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>ReplaceFile  
    • By Pike
      Hey Everyone, I haven't been here in a while and recently picked up my old project. Still an FNG!
      To the point: I want to be able to push the button and either play an mp3, open a file, or open an exe program (all with the same button). The problem is that I don't know how to code for that at "case 1"
              Case 1                                                                                                                                             
                  Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default")                                
                  SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                     <-------------------------------
                  Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                                 <------------------------------- This 'Run' doesn't work even by itself!
      See code below for layout. If you need more information I will attach more code or answer any questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Much Respect,
      Pike

Func _HandleButton() $iClickCount += 1 $iTimer = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("CheckButtonPress", $CheckTime) EndFunc Func CheckButtonPress() If TimerDiff($iTimer) < $CheckTime Or $iTimer = 0 Then Return Switch $iClickCount Case 1 Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default") SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Case 2 MsgBox(0, "INFORMATION:", "Choose the file you want designated to this button") Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog(0, @ScriptDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST + $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were selected.") EndIf Local $sFileName = InputBox("INFORMATION:", "Please Name Your File?" & @CRLF _ & @CRLF _ & "6 Characters or Less", "") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "One", $sFileOpenDialog) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $sFileName) EndSwitch $iClickCount = 0 AdlibUnRegister() EndFunc  

• By nacerbaaziz
      hi dears, i have a question please
      am now working for an audio player for the blind users
      and i added an option to open a file from the right click context menu.
      but here there is a small problem, i hope that you can help me to find a solution for it.
      the problem is as follow :
      when i added the problem into the context menu it work with successfuly if the user select just one file.
      but if the user selected more then one file, here the problem
      a multiple sections of the program will open.
      my question is :
      how i can detect the multiple selection from the context menu?
      i know that it so  hard, but i know also that you are harder than it
      for that dears please try to give me an solution for that problem.
      thanks in advance
    • By careca
      This is another take on string triggers, triggers on specific strings.
      Able to simple text pasting,
      opening links (as long as there's a www. http:\\ or https:\\ at the beggining)
      and is able to open applications, if there is a parameter in the parameter field, it uses it.
      The user selects the modifier key, and then uses a combination of that key with a couple others to perform tasks like
      screenshot the active window, (modkey + prtscr), turn off the screen (modkey + pause / break),
      open clipboard string in registry (modkey + R), change system volume (modkey + arrouw up/dn).
      The following keys pressed at the same time prompt for shutdown: S+D+T
      The following keys pressed at the same time prompt for restart: S+R+T
      Middle mouse button click on titlebar minimizes to tray, or a left mouse button click in the icon in the tray also minimizes.
      Trigger is set off by space or enter, and timeouts after 3 seconds.
      Shows your external, lan, and gateway ip's, can refresh with right mouse click, and opens the default browser if the correspondent button is pressed.
      Able to change system volume by a set percentage, reading from the inputbox the number the user sets, if 0 or empty uses system default.
      I made this because the existing string trigger applications didn't do it for me for a number of reasons.
      I did this for me, but if someone finds it useful all the better.