FF.au3 error :( - and can't manage to do it :(

Go to solution Solved by Gonnosuke,

I downloaded FF.au3 , installed MozRepl, started it, put 4242 as port in it, then when Im trying to run this simple script :

#include "FF.au3"
_FFConnect(default,Default,6000)

_FFWindowOpen("http://www.youtube.com", True, True)

The thing is, it actually works, but it is still gives me a very annoying error :

_FFConnect: OS:    WIN_7 WIN32_NT 7601 Service Pack 1
_FFConnect: AutoIt:    3.3.12.0
_FFConnect: FF.au3:    0.6.0.1b-10
_FFConnect: IP:    127.0.0.1
_FFConnect: Port:    4242
_FFConnect: Delay:     2ms
_FFConnect: Socket:     488
_FFConnect: Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
__FFSendJavaScripts: Sending functions to FireFox .......... done
_FFWindowOpen: http://www.youtube.com
_FFLoadWait: .
__FFWaitForRepl ==> Error TCPSend / TCPRecv: TCPRecv :-1

__FFWaitForRepl ==> Error TCPSend / TCPRecv: TCPRecv :-1
. loaded in 573ms
[object XrayWrapper [object HTMLDocument]] - {location: {...}, SWFUpload_0: function() {...}, rss_feed: {...}, getElementsByName: function() {...}, getItems: function() {...}, open: function() {...}, close: function() {...}, ...}
_FFWindowGetHandle: 0x00000000
_FFWindowGetHandle ==> General Error

What can do ? :(

Edited by Rickname

You may want to review the suggested changes in >this post.

It works partially, still the function can't retrieve the handle of the created window :

The only error that disappeared was the TCP error :/

_FFConnect: OS:    WIN_7 WIN32_NT 7601 Service Pack 1

_FFConnect: AutoIt:    3.3.12.0

_FFConnect: FF.au3:    0.6.0.1b-10

_FFConnect: IP:    127.0.0.1

_FFConnect: Port:    4242

_FFConnect: Delay:     2ms

_FFConnect: Socket:     488

_FFConnect: Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0

_FFWindowOpen: http://www.youtube.com

_FFLoadWait: . loaded in 85ms

[object XrayWrapper [object HTMLDocument]] - {location: {...}, getElementsByName: function() {...}, getItems: function() {...}, open: function() {...}, close: function() {...}, write: function() {...}, writeln: function() {...}, ...}

_FFWindowGetHandle: 0x00000000

_FFWindowGetHandle ==> General Error

Edited by Rickname
  • Solution

This is a known issue with _FFWindowOpen. It's trying to set extended with the hWnd from a FF window that isn't yet selected. It's wonky. Try the following and the final attempt to get the handle should succeed:

_FFStart("http://www.youtube.com")

_FFWindowSelect()

Or

_FFConnect(Default, 4242, 6000)
_FFWindowOpen("http://www.youtube.com", True, True)
_FFWindowSelect()

P.S. When you see LoadWait results like this: "_FFLoadWait: . loaded in 85ms" you can be reasonably sure it's a selection problem. MozRepl is many great things, but fast isn't one of them!

Edited by Gonnosuke
  • 4 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ahha
      I'm using Firefox however it shows up in all browsers.  When you hover over a hyperlink and the cursor turns to a hand then in the lower left corner of the browser the actual web URL link pops up.  How does one capture that text programmatically?  I know in FF I can right click and "Copy Link" I'm wondering if there is another way.
    • By goldstar
      hey . is it possible  send message to firefox extension  and receive too?
      what is simplest way 

• By MakzNovice
      I have a simple code that takes file "C:\Temp\File1.txt" and pastes it in drop area of specific firefox location ( Note : The drag drop works manually meaning firefox window supports drag and drop)  . The return value is true with no error indicating that operation successful.
      The results are not getting updated in firefox window even after exe execution completion and sleep time 20secs.
      Attached my code snippet and _FileDragDrop.au3 + text file it works 
      #include "_FileDragDrop.au3" Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0) ;1=absolute, 0=relative, 2=client $File1 = "E:\AutoIt\DragDropFile\File1.txt" $File2 = "E:\AutoIt\DragDropFile\File2.txt" If ProcessExists("Firefox.exe") Then $hWnd = WinGetHandle("Mozilla Firefox") ; My FF tab title substring WinActivate($hWnd) Else MsgBox(64,"Error","No Firefox window found",10) EndIf $hNPPlus=WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Notepad++]") WinActivate($hNPPlus) $iRet = _FileDragDrop($hNPPlus, $File1, 75, 274) ConsoleWrite("Return: "&$iRet&" @error="&@error&", @extended="&@extended&@CRLF) Sleep(20000) ;~ Above code to add in Notepad++ works fine ;~ Cordinate from drop file 1 - 75, 274 $iRet = _FileDragDrop($hWnd, $File1, 75, 274,'|',False) ConsoleWrite("Return: "&$iRet&" @error="&@error&", @extended="&@extended&@CRLF) Sleep(20000) ;~ Above code to add file in firefox with title Mozilla firefox DOES NOT work Exit

Repose from code -->
      Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
      Return: True @error=0, @extended=0
      Return: True @error=0, @extended=0

_FileDragDrop.au3 File1.txt
    • By mLipok
      wd_capabilities.au3 UDF was changed/modified/refactored .... and commited/merged (02-12-2021) to https://github.com/Danp2/WebDriver

WARNING: Before you start using this UDF be sure you download the recent version from: https://github.com/Danp2/WebDriver

==================================================================================================

Recently I start wd_capabilities.au3 project on my side.
      I think this is time to share to AutoIt community.
      Check attached UDF: wd_capabilities.au3

Here is a scratch example showing how to use them:
      #include "wd_helper.au3" #include "wd_capabilities.au3" _Example() Func _Example() ........ ........ ........ _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments(Null) ; CLEANUP ARGS _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('--headless') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('start-maximized') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('disable-infobars') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('user-data-dir', 'C:\Users\' & @UserName & '\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default') Local $s_WD_Capabilities_Arguments = _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments(Default) ; GET ARGS _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences(Null) ; CLEANUP PREFS If $s_Download_dir Then _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences('download.default_directory', $s_Download_dir) Local $s_WD_Capabilities_Preferences = _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences(Default) ; GET PREFS Local $s_Desired_Capabilities = _WD_Capabilities_Build_JSON('chrome', $s_WD_Capabilities_Arguments, $s_WD_Capabilities_Preferences) Local $WD_SESSION = _WD_CreateSession($s_Desired_Capabilities) ........ ........ ........ EndFunc  
      I plan to publish the code on GitHub.
      In the indefinite future, when the project becomes more functional, if @Danp2 accepts it, I hope it may be included in the main WebDriver UDF.

I am waiting for yours feedback and help in the further development of this project.

REMARK 1:
      As so far this UDF only supports GoogleChrome.
      Adding support for other browsers shouldn't be difficult, I just didn't need to.

REMARK 2:
      For now, this project is working but still as a early BETA, so please do not discuss, ask questions, or post examples or snippets of code that pertain to any function of this UDF in other part of this forum, until it is found acceptable. Simply: discusion and tests only here in this topic.

Regards,
      @mLipok

• By noellarkin
      This is for those pages that seem to load when you use _FFOpenURL(), but they have a text saying "please wait while we load your page..." but according to _FFOpenURL() the page has loaded.  An example seen in popular sites is the Cloudflare page saying "Checking your browser before...". It's the opposite of pausing a script until an element is visible on a page. It takes Elements in the form of id, xpath or text search.
      Global $BrowserPort = 4242 Global $TimeOut = 60000 Global $LocalHost = "127.0.0.1" Func _FFWaitWhileElement($thiselement, $elementtype = "xpath", $timeoutms = 60000) _FFConnect($LocalHost, $BrowserPort, $TimeOut) Local $Element Local $ElementFound = 1 Local $TimeoutCountdown = 0 While $ElementFound <> 0 And $TimeoutCountdown < $timeoutms If $elementtype = "xpath" Then $Element = _FFXPath($thiselement) EndIf If $elementtype = "id" Then Local $ConstructXPath = ".//*[@id='" & $thiselement & "']" $Element = _FFXPath($ConstructXPath) EndIf ; MsgBox(0, "", $Element) Local $ElementXPathTextContent = _FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.textContent") ; MsgBox(0, "", $ElementXPathTextContent) Local $ElementXPathInnerHTML = _FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.innerHTML") ; MsgBox(0, "", $ElementXPathInnerHTML) If $ElementXPathTextContent = "_FFCmd_Err" Or $ElementXPathInnerHTML = "_FFCmd_Err" Then $ElementFound = 0 Else $ElementFound = 1 EndIf If $elementtype = "text" Then $ElementFound = _FFSearch($thiselement) ; MsgBox(0, "", $ElementFound) EndIf $TimeoutCountdown += 1000 _FFDisConnect() _FFConnect($LocalHost, $BrowserPort, $TimeOut) WEnd Return $ElementFound EndFunc _FFConnect($LocalHost, $BrowserPort, $TimeOut) _FFOpenURL("https://www.site.com/page", True) _FFWaitForElement("Please Wait...","text", 60000) MsgBox(0,"","Page finished loading") It's pretty simple, hope it helps some of you who are working with FF.au3 :)