Need Help with AutoIT and Rhinoceros

Hi everyone

I am trying to use AUTOIT to automate the process of producing 100s of cube models one after each other using Rhinoceros 4.0 . What I want to do is reading coordinates and dimensions of the cubes from an Excel file and then modeling and meshing them with Rhinoceros and eventually saving them as “.dxf” files individually.

My main problem is with the parts that Rhinoceros asks me to select the curve. For example when I want to set the mesh I need to click on the model and I don’t know how to code that in AutoIT.

Is there anyone who can help me????

I am trying to Code all the procedures I follow in Rhinoceros 4.0 .

Upto now I can open the programm and start a new project! But I am totally disable to code File>Properties ... this is what I wrote:

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "Rhinoceros 4.0SystemRhino4.exe")
WinWaitActive("Startup Template")
WinClose("Startup Template")
WinActivate("Untitled - Rhinoceros (Evaluación)")
MouseClick("left",232,9)  %I put this to activate the toolbar. I know it is inaccurate but I didnt now how to do it otherways.
Send("^n")
WinWaitActive("Open Template File")
Send("Large Objects - Meters.3dm")
Send("{Enter}")
MouseClick("left",232,9) %I put this to activate the toolbar. I know it is inaccurate but I didnt now how to do it otherways.
Send("{ALTDOWN}{ALTUP}{Enter}")

Up to now I could open the File menu in toolbar now I want to choose Properties so I wrote:

Send("{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{Enter}")

But it is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't used the application you're talking about personally, But i would assume what you're after can be achieved with the use of ControlGetPOS...

to do this first go to (assuming you used the default autoit directory when you installed) C:Program FilesAutoit3Au3Info.exe

What will pop up is arguable one of the most useful tools for automating windows applications:

EDIT: the wrong Class box is highlighted, It is meant to be the class box underneath the header 'Basic Control Info'! o:)

au3info.PNG

The Au3Info Tool!
This allows you to grab the class of a specific control: For this example I've used the main browser window in chrome.

Basically, You drag the Finder Tool onto the specific part of the application you wish to utilise (toolbar, Main window etc...), and in the Class box, you will see the required information for your script!

So for your script you could do something like:

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Rhinoceros 4.0\System\Rhino4.exe")
WinWaitActive("Startup Template")
WinClose("Startup Template")

$RWnd = WinActivate("Untitled - Rhinoceros (Evaluación)")
$RPos = ControlGetPos($RWnd,"",[THE CLASS YOU FOUND VIA AU3INFO])
MouseClick("left",$RPos[0],$RPos[1])

MouseClick("left",232,9)  %I put this to activate the toolbar. I know it is inaccurate but I didnt now how to do it otherways.
Send("^n")
WinWaitActive("Open Template File")
Send("Large Objects - Meters.3dm")
Send("{Enter}")
MouseClick("left",232,9) %I put this to activate the toolbar. I know it is inaccurate but I didnt now how to do it otherways.
Send("{ALTDOWN}{ALTUP}{Enter}")

I haven't tested it, as I don't have the application personally, But hopefully this can get you on the right track :)

- Javi

Edited by javiwhite

give a man an application, and he'll be frustrated for the day, Teach him how to program applications and he'll be frustrated for a lifetime.

• Moderators

If you refer to your original post on the topic you will see someone has already answered. Also, realize that not everyone uses a product just because you do. You script may be the most important thing in the world to you, but it may require some patience to find someone familiar enough with it to help.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!