ControlSend do not work(also Send)

Hello,

i want to use the controklick function to the "Enable" Button from this program from microsoft: http://live.sysinternals.com/Autologon.exe

this is a tool to active the autologin at a windows machine, my problem is that i have to use this tool on 600 machines and because this i will do it automaticly with Autoit

i tried it with the [iD:1], with [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1], and many other..

i tried it on other tools and there controlklick works! also the Send function with TAB and Enter do not work on the sysinternals autologon tool? i read that autoit only works with windwos conform buttons..maybe the autologon tool is not windows conform

is there any idea what can i do?

• Developers

Why not simply set the needed registry entries with AutoIt3 in stead?

Should be much simpler.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I understood that the encrypted password can de decrypted easily.

any ways: Post a script that you use to run autologon so we can see what you are doing and maybe have suggestions on getting it to work.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

this is my code:

Local $envd = EnvGet("TEMP")
Local $envdmit = $envd&"Autologon.exe"
ShellExecute($envdmit,"-accepteula","","open",@SW_SHOW)
Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:AUTOLOG]", "", 10)
WinActivate("[CLASS:AUTOLOG]")
WinWaitActive("[CLASS:AUTOLOG]")
ControlClick ( "Autologon - Sysinternals", "", 1)

and ControlCklick do not work, if it would work i would get a MessageBox Info that autologon is activated or that any field(username or password) is empty..

sorry but i have to use this sysinternals tool

• Developers

This utility needs Adminlevel. Do you have UAC enabled?

Have you tried with #RequireAdmin at the top of the script?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

oh wow thanks..with #RequireAdmin the ControlClick and Send work..but why?

Because the script needs to run on the same level&credentials as the shelled utility or else it can't control it.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

means that, if i use this script on 600 xp clients and they all logged as non admintrator user, the script would not work? if yes, what can i do?

Give it a try on one test users account and see what happens. ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

ok i tried it and if i want to use the script i get a window where i can use the administrator, if i fill the administrator infos than it works,

what can i do, to use automaticly the adminstrator?

• Developers

What is your plan to specify the Username, Domain and Password for this program? Using the commandline option for that as well?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

the Username, Domain and Password is in the registry, i have a tool to send the autoit script to this 600 computers, than i want to start the script as adminstrator and the Username, Domain and Password comes from the registry, i only have to click enable and close the autologon tool. 

my problem is that i have to start the script automaticly as administrator

• Developers

the Username, Domain and Password is in the registry, i have a tool to send the autoit script to this 600 computers, than i want to start the script as adminstrator and the Username, Domain and Password comes from the registry, i only have to click enable and close the autologon tool. 

my problem is that i have to start the script automaticly as administrator

But using a runas would shell your script with the wrong credentials updating the wrong user hive.

I can't test it under standard user credentials with #requireAdmin so somebody else will have to help to test this.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.