Examples of GUI wrappers for command line tools

The Example Scripts forum is vast and I couldn't turn up any on my own.

I'm looking for examples of GUI interfaces for command-line tools. The target apps may take command-line options and input either data streams or text files. Output would generally be formatted text. It's the general category of "Unix filters".

I'm hoping to find some good illustrative cases made with attention to efficiency, maintainability, and defensive coding.

To run on what OS?

Only on Windows. I used the term "Unix filter" just to describe a type of application, not to imply any use of a *nix OS.

"A filter is a small and (usually) specialized program in Unix-like operating systems that transforms plain text (i.e., human readable) data in some meaningful way and that can be used together with other filters and pipes to form a series of operations that produces highly specific results."

Ideally, I'd like to see examples of AutoIt interfaces that coordinate use of multiple filters.

• Moderators

I think you are making this way too broad, you need to specify some examples of tools you would like to see wrappers for, ones that speak to what you want to do. Otherwise, I can show you this great wrapper for Ping, but it probably isn't what you're wanting ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

...you need to specify some examples of tools you would like to see wrappers for... Otherwise, I can show you this great wrapper for Ping...

Don't read too much into the question. I'm just trying to learn the idomatic use of AutoIt to manage standard I/O, IPC, and output parsing.

I just looked at llewxam's IP Scanner.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

That is interesting, but I'd like to find some scripts that make more extensive use of various command-line options. I particularly want to see how best to manage piping between tools.