Stop Autoit from crashing when it can’t save MHTs.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Hi. I’m new to Autoit and have been using the script at the bottom of the above thread to save a list of thousands of websites. The script looks like this X5000.

_INetGetMHT1( "http://www.site1.com, "C:test1.MHT" )
Func _INetGetMHT1( $url, $file )
Local $msg = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
If @error Then Return False
Local $ado = ObjCreate("ADODB.Stream")

With $ado
.Type = 2
.Charset = "US-ASCII"
.Open
EndWith
$msg.CreateMHTMLBody($url, 0)
$msg.DataSource.SaveToObject($ado, "_Stream")
FileDelete($file)
$ado.SaveToFile($file, 1)
$msg = ""
$ado = ""
Return True
EndFunc

_INetGetMHT2( "http://www.site2.com, "C:test2.MHT" )
Func _INetGetMHT2( $url, $file )

With $ado
.Type = 2
.Charset = "US-ASCII"
.Open
EndWith
FileDelete($file)
$msg = ""
$ado = ""
Return True
EndFunc

Anyways, there are some sites that are particularly image-heavy and the MHT script can’t save them. This causes Autoit to crash ("AutoIt v3 Script has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program") and makes me have to restart it after editing it to start on the next Func after the bad page (done by deleting all the Funcs before the one I want to start on.)

If the script can’t save _INetGetMHT1320, is there a way to make it simply skip to _INetGetMHT1321 without crashing?

Edited by morganlove

morganlove,

Did you actually create 5000 functions? 

If so, a better technique would be to create one function with two parms, WEB Site and Output File Name.  Then create a file of WEB site names and output file names, read the file and call the function for each line in the file.  You can create another file of what has been successfully processed and anytime the script starts, reprocess the last file or skip to the next file and continue. 

Just spitballing...

kylomas

edit: I see that it is already a function.  So that part is done.

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks for the response. That sounds like a much better idea than what I’ve been doing. (Yes, thousands of Funcs. I had been wondering if there were a way to have it read a list, but I was hesitant to modify the script and this had been working for me so far.) Could you maybe point me to resources that explain how to do that, please?

morganlove,

Some really basic code to get you started.  I have not addressed restarting yet.  Let's see where you go with this.

You will find everything in the HELP file.  If you run into problems look at the Help file then ask if you can't work it out.

#include <array.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <FileConstants.au3>

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;       create a test file
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; file structure:
;     web site name,file name

local $hfl = fileopen('c:\tmp\mytestfile.txt',$FO_OVERWRITE)
if $hfl = -1 Then
    msgbox($MB_ICONERROR,'ERROR','File Open Error for test file')
    Exit
endif

local $sOut
for $1 = 1 to 500
    $sOut &= 'WebSite' & stringformat('%03i',$1) & ',File#' & stringformat('%03i',$1) & @crlf
Next

filewrite($hfl,$sOut)
fileclose($hfl)

;       End create a test file

local $aScraperFile = filereadtoarray("c:\TMP\MyTestFile.txt")      ; This is the file you have created in the above format

_arraydisplay($aScraperFile)                                        ; For Debugging purposes

; this loops through the array that was just created from your file (one row per line)
local $aTMP
for $1 = 0 to ubound($aScraperFile) - 1
    $aTMP = stringsplit($aScraperFile[$1],',',3)
    _InetGetMHT( $aTMP[0], $aTMP[1] )
next

Func _INetGetMHT($url, $file)
    ConsoleWrite('Writing ' & $url & ' to ' & $file & @CRLF)

With $ado
        .Type = 2
        .Charset = "US-ASCII"
        .Open
    EndWith
    FileDelete($file)
    $msg = ""
    $ado = ""
    Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_INetGetMHT

Good Luck,

kylomas

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Thank you so much! I’m going to try it now. I know I need to read more of the documentation. I just recently got into Autoit for this project and have mostly been reading the threads and pages about saving files using IE. I still need to learn to write my own scripts because I’ve just been copy-pasting.

Keep at it, we all start somewhere and this forum has outstanding technical people willing to contribute.

Been mulling over how to handle the script crashing.  My network knowledge is limited and I don't think that there is any kind of abend/termination hook that we can use.  The best that I can come up with right now is to establish a timer at the start of the loop and retun a code when the timer is exceeded. 

Perhaps a network guru will chime in.

kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill