IE.au3 Doesn't work on some PC's?

So here I am back with my second IE.au3 question...

I made a script to manipulate this website. I'm using IE11 on my computer. It's working great! No flaws; can run for hours.

I sent it to my friend and he ALWAYS gets an error. At first I thought it was because he didn't have Autoit installed. So I tried the script on my laptop. Works perfectly... But! My laptop was using IE9. The website wasn't displaying properly so I couldn't manually manipulate the site. I figured I needed to update so I updated to IE11 on my laptop(Same as my desktop). Now the script is giving my laptop the same error as my friend:

"error from function _IEnavigate, $_IEstatus_COMError (-2147352567)" - When I run it with SciTE.

When running as an .exe sometimes it does nothing and just sits there. Other times I get an error popup:

"The requested action with this object has failed. Line 82".

The really weird thing is that a few times I DID get the script to work on my laptop with IE11. It's pretty much refusing to work at all now though.

My desktop: Windows 8.1 - Internet Explorer 11

Laptop : Windows 7 - Internet Explorer 11

Friends computer: Windows 7 - Internet Explorer 11

Things I've tried:

-Ccleaner

-Restarting my PC

-Updating my laptop

-Disabling UAC

-Smashing my head on my desk

Code clip to replicate my issue:

#RequireAdmin
#include <IE.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

If ProcessExists("iexplore.exe") Then
    Global $url = _IEAttach("Google")

Else
    MsgBox(0, "Hey!", "Open Internet Explorer first.")
    Exit
EndIf

$AmountTo = 10000

_IENavigate($url, "http://www.msn.com/")

$oActivitySelect = _IEGetObjByName($url, "times")
_IEFormElementOptionSelect($oActivitySelect, $AmountTo)
$oCalculate = _IEGetObjByName($url, "Submit")
_IEAction($oCalculate, "click")

I changed the website used because I don't want to post it, so there is obviously no submit button for it to click. But this script runs fine on my desktop but gives the same error on my laptop.

The error happens right when I try running the script. No navigation happens.

Edited by BitOfHope

To expand on what jguinch said, just because IE is open, it may not be sitting at Google when you try to attach to it, and the attach will fail.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You should check the _IEAttach return :

Global $url = _IEAttach("Google")
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Hey!", "Open Google first.")

Even with adding that it doesn't give the msgbox popup. As soon as I hit run on the script it gives me the same error as before.

To expand on what jguinch said, just because IE is open, it may not be sitting at Google when you try to attach to it, and the attach will fail.

I always make sure it's on the correct page before I attach to it. It works 100% of the time on my desktop.

~~~~~

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Edited by BitOfHope

Is the reason you wish not to post the website you are really using - does it violate the forum rules? (gaming?) It is a straight up yes or no. If not, I'll try to help you. I would not like to break the forum rules before lending assistance. Thanks.

Sorry, I had to leave for the day.

No, it doesn't break any forum rules as far as I'm aware. Just navigating through the site and testing different parts of the UDF. I picked my banks website to help myself learn IE.au3 and feel uncomfortable posting that.

~~~~~~

My other topic asking a question about IE.au3: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

~~~~~~

Edited by BitOfHope

I'm betting there is a third party app that will do what you need. Look here:

http://financialsoft.about.com/od/cheapandfreesoftware/tp/Free_Personal_Finance_Software.htm

I work for a bank and this would be MUCH easier for you in the long run.

Edited by MBALZESHARI

I'm betting there is a third party app that will do what you need. Look here:

http://financialsoft.about.com/od/cheapandfreesoftware/tp/Free_Personal_Finance_Software.htm

I work for a bank and this would be MUCH easier for you in the long run.

I'm not trying to do something specific. I just picked my bank site as the example site to use for learn IE.au3.

Then you REALLY need to tell us the name of the site. The fact you are refusing makes me think you are doing something to avoid complying to the forum rules. If it is a website and others can get to it, the site is no secret. It is only a secret in this conversation.

What is the name of the site?

Then you REALLY need to tell us the name of the site. The fact you are refusing makes me think you are doing something to avoid complying to the forum rules. If it is a website and others can get to it, the site is no secret. It is only a secret in this conversation.

What is the name of the site?

Wow, seriously? I picked my bank site because it was the easiest site I could think of that has all the different buttons and menus to let me mess with the UDF.

I gave an example site to replicate my issue which can't even work to attach and navigate to a page. I could have EASILY just used the other example site on my other topic and claimed it as the site I was using. I thought being honest would have no downside. Apparently I was wrong.

Nevermind, somebody close this topic. I'm going to find another person/website to find help on.

Wow, seriously? I picked my bank site because it was the easiest site I could think of that has all the different buttons and menus to let me mess with the UDF.

I gave an example site to replicate my issue which can't even work to attach and navigate to a page. I could have EASILY just used the other example site on my other topic and claimed it as the site I was using. I thought being honest would have no downside. Apparently I was wrong.

Nevermind, somebody close this topic. I'm going to find another person/website to find help on.

Well, seeing how you refuse to divulge the site, I'm left to ASSUME what you want to automate something that runs afoul of the forum rules. Your refusal is disappointing and confusing otherwise if this is not the case. Honestly has nothing to do with this. We are NOT questioning that. I'm confident you are a honest fellow. What I am questioning is the name of the site and WHY you refuse to say what it is. How can a name of a website be so important that you HAVE to keep it's name secret? What security risk can be possibly be made simply providing a public website's name? NONE. The reason is simple. IT IS PUBLIC.

If the website is private then it is behind a wall thus releasing it's name is also harmless for people on the public side can NOT REACH IT.

Is this so hard to understand? Now, If you wish to go elsewhere, that is your choice. If you want to be here, we play by a set of rules and EVERYONE here follows them. No exceptions. If you have questions about the rules then feel free to reach out to a helpful and friendly moderators here in the AutoIt forum. Have a nice day.

Yeah i wont give you my bank name because that is so revealing...  Unlike my email address and skype username with unique misspelling.  

It's what made me use the username: '#########l' for a lot of online games

so im sure there is no further revealing info in the steam forums, or any of the other gaming forums you are found on, also playing as ###.

### ######### (#########)

and im sure photobucket wont reveal location details or anything else of use.

But as long as they never get your bank name you have no worries.

Edited by Melba23
Personal details removed

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Is it so hard to believe I feel uncomfortable posting a personal website?

Yeah i wont give you my bank name because that is so revealing...  Unlike my email address and skype username with unique misspelling.  

so im sure there is no further revealing info in the steam forums, or any of the other gaming forums you are found on, also playing as ####.

and im sure photobucket wont reveal location details or anything else of use.

But as long as they never get your bank name you have no worries.

Nobody likes a little crusader out to piss people off. To go out of your way to try and find personal information on somebody is exactly why I don't want to post my shit. People like you. Edited by Melba23
Quote edited to remove personal details

• Moderators

boththose,

If you ever post personal details of another member again you will be removed from the community. There will be no appeal and no excuses. :mad:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

It is in his profile...  And you can keep your threats and remove me any time, i give 2fx.

the point is valid, and proven prior to your editing; that he exposes more with a unique username used everywhere, than with a public website he happens to use.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

boththose,

Do not push me too hard. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

BitOfHope,

As you will not give us details of the URL, ther eseems little point in continuing - thread locked. :naughty:

M23

Spoiler