Lining up windows programs from a script

I want to open 3 vnc windows and set them all next to each other vertically. Is there a way to do this without using the mousedrag function? There is no command line parameter for either realvnc or ultravnc that will do this. 

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Use this to grab the windows to an array

winlist

Loop through the array, and calculate out positions, and move with

winmove

use this for your calcs

@DesktopHeight
@DesktopWidth
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I tried winlist to try to get the following and I got 15 entries in my array when I should have only gotten 4 so I used ProcessList to get the array that looks like:

[0] 3

[1] vncviewer.exe 896

[2] vncviewer.exe 1246

[3] vncviewer.exe 1946

[4][2]

I have been rereading what I know about multidimensional arrays for hours and I cant get it.

1. How do I set a variable to = the second part of the array in [1-3]?

2. How do I use a PID with WinMove?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Use this to play around.  Notice I started at $i = 1, because the first entry in that array is the ubounds of the array:

Local $array[4][2]=[[3,""],[1,"a"],[2,"b"],[3,"c"]]
For $i = 1 To UBound($array)-1
    ConsoleWrite("$array[" & $i & "][0]= " & $array[$i][0] & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("$array[" & $i & "][1]= " & $array[$i][1] & @CRLF)
Next
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Instead of :

cant I just say 

For $i = 1 To $array[0]

I am missing something. I know that I cannot use msgbox to display an array. I use arraydisplay. Can I pull a piece of data out and use msgbox to display it? I have tried:

Local $aWinList = ProcessList("vncviewer.exe")
Local $i = ($aWinlist[1][2])
msgbox(0,"",$i)
Sleep(5000)

It runs but it doesn't do anything visible. Cant I just put the contents of the array into memory and assign each element to a variable? DO I or should I write the array to a file then pull the contents of the file out as I need them?

Edited by computergroove

cant I just say 

For $i = 1 To $array[0]

In this case, you can do the above...but not all arrays will include the ubound in the first subscript, so I always loop as though it's not set.

Maybe this will make more sense:

Local $array[4][2]=[[3,""],[1,"a"],[2,"b"],[3,"c"]]
    $var1 = $array[$i][0]
    $var2 = $array[$i][1]
    ConsoleWrite("$array[" & $i & "][0]= " & $var1 & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("$array[" & $i & "][1]= " & $var2 & @CRLF)

MsgBox(1,1,"$array[" & $i & "][0]= " & $var1 & " " & "$array[" & $i & "][1]= " & $var2)

; you add your code to do stuff here...
Next

And no, you don't want to output to a file, because then you have the additional step of writing and reading a file...read directly out of the array, during the loop.

Edited by jdelaney

I got the array into variables that I can call individually. Is the second column (the number) the Process ID? How do I use the PID number to choose a window in autoit and move it with winmove?