Help! Open URL, set action to button and more - beginner!

Hi! I'm really new on the forum, as well as to AutoIT and I would really need some help with my first application. Excuse my English, please :)

In my application I would like four buttons and a Stop-button. The four buttons are supposed to do the same thing, but with different delays – open an URL, click on some places on the site and close the window. Then wait an hour (or some other time for the other buttons) and then do it all over again. Then I want the loop to continue like that until I press the Stop-button. I’ve already designed it all in Koda, but I need to know some technical things now to make the script complete.

1. How to make it open an URL independent of what browser I’m using. Can I use my standard browser or will I have to use Internet Explorer?

2. How to make a button run some lines of code when clicked.

3. How to make the Stop-button stop running that code.

4. How to make it close the active window (the web browser, independent of which it is)

So, I think that’s all. If someone has time to help a confused noob it would be gold :)

• Developers

I don't want the autoclicker for spamming or some other type of hacking, I just want it to watch a video once in a while can you help me please?

Don't think the question should be that difficult to answer so please try again. ;)

Jos.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I’ve already designed it all in Koda

I'll take that as a no too then.

1. ShellExecute

4. WinClose

2 and 3. Post code and give webpage else nothing else really.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Hi! I'm really new on the forum, as well as to AutoIT and I would really need some help with my first application. Excuse my English, please :)

In my application I would like four buttons and a Stop-button. The four buttons are supposed to do the same thing, but with different delays – open an URL, click on some places on the site and close the window. Then wait an hour (or some other time for the other buttons) and then do it all over again. Then I want the loop to continue like that until I press the Stop-button. I’ve already designed it all in Koda, but I need to know some technical things now to make the script complete.

1. How to make it open an URL independent of what browser I’m using. Can I use my standard browser or will I have to use Internet Explorer?

2. How to make a button run some lines of code when clicked.

3. How to make the Stop-button stop running that code.

4. How to make it close the active window (the web browser, independent of which it is)

So, I think that’s all. If someone has time to help a confused noob it would be gold :)

You should search youtube for video of autoit tutorial... or read some help files.

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.