Silent AutoIt Installer Switches

Go to solution Solved by computergroove,

I have looked around for this information but have not found anything yet, so if it exists somewhere please point me in the right direction and sorry!

I am looking for the possible command line switches for installing AutoIt silently.  I know that /S will install AutoIt silently however what about the different options?  Are there switches or values I can input into the command line for opening or editing .AU3 files?  For using x86 or x64 by default?  Or can there be an installer properties file it references?

I know that I could rig something up to package AutoIt using AutoIt but I am looking for any built in methods first.

• Solution

-> '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

3.2 Installer Usage
Generated installers and uninstallers accept a few options on the command line. These options give the user a bit more control over the installation process.

3.2.1 Common Options
/NCRC disables the CRC check, unless CRCCheck force was used in the script.
/S runs the installer or uninstaller silently. See section 4.12 for more information.
/D sets the default installation directory ($INSTDIR), overriding InstallDir and InstallDirRegKey. It must be the last parameter used in the command line and must not contain any quotes, even if the path contains spaces.
3.2.2 Uninstaller Specific Options
_?= sets $INSTDIR. It also stops the uninstaller from copying itself to the temporary directory and running from there. It can be used along with ExecWait to wait for the uninstaller to finish. It must be the last parameter used in the command line and must not contain any quotes, even if the path contains spaces.
3.2.3 Examples
installer.exe /NCRC
installer.exe /S
installer.exe /D=C:Program FilesNSIS
installer.exe /NCRC /S /D=C:Program FilesNSIS
uninstaller.exe /S _?=C:Program FilesNSIS
# uninstall old version
ExecWait '"$INSTDIRuninstaller.exe" /S _?=$INSTDIR'

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html