_FileReadToArray - stringsplit - EDIT

Hello,

in these days i try to make a command line script that do some text substitution. (and other things)

When configured tool run as command line, when /config switch is given, tool pass in configuration mode.

I'm try to read a configuration file with _FileReadToArray, to give my users a visual method to modify parameters in in this file, in easy way. (without missing)

After read this file with _FileReadToArray i must:

- strinsplit using special char (four § split | 5 values)

- present data to my users to let them choose one

- pass select 'line' to an edit mask (to allow changes)

- return back changes

- give a button to save back modified fields/data to file.

I start to read file then for/next every line for the subsequent split, but i don't know how present these data to user:

#include <array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Local $aRecords
If Not _FileReadToArray("reg.ini", $aRecords) Then
    MsgBox(4096, "Error", " Error reading file to Array     error:" & @error)
    Exit
EndIf

For $x = 1 To $aRecords[0]
    MsgBox(0, 'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x])

$oneRow = stringsplit($aRecords[$x],"§")

Next

post also (part) of my config file for parsing:

</croce>§*§§[SIMBOLO]§[/SIMBOLO]
</DataLoc>§*§§[DATA_OGGI]§[/DATA_OGGI]
</DataR1>§*§§[DATA_MORTE]§[/DATA_MORTE]
</DataR2>§*§§[DATA_ANNIVERSARIO]§[/DATA_ANNIVERSARIO]
</Foto:65>©§1§@QUI_CODICE_PER_POSTPROCESSING§[FOTO_NORMALE_COLORI]§[/FOTO_NORMALE_COLORI]
</Foto:90>©§1§§[FOTO_GRANDRE_COLORI]§[/FOTO_GRANDRE_COLORI]

Can you help me with some code and ideas?

Thank you,

m.

Edited by myspacee

The latest version of AutoIt includes a _FileReadToArray that will do the string splitting for you. It returns a 2D array when you use the delimiter parameter, and the delimiter is in the lines.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thank you for reply,

I can add this little part of code alone:

#include <array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Dim $oneDarray
_FileReadToArray("reg.ini", $oneDarray)
$columnsCounter = stringsplit($oneDarray[1],"§")
Dim $twoDarray[$oneDarray[0] + 1][$columnsCounter[0] + 1]

For $x = 1 to ($oneDarray[0])
    $oneRow = stringsplit($oneDarray[$x],"§")
    For $y = 1 to ($columnsCounter[0])
        $twoDarray[$x][$y] = $oneRow[$y]
        msgbox(0,"",$twoDarray[$x][$y])
    Next
Next

but Ignore how build 'row selectable _ArrayDisplay GUI' to my users, and pass 'row' data to next step.

m.

EDIT: I Imagine a _arraydisplay with single row function.

Edited by myspacee

Don't use _ArrayDisplay, build your own listview and go from there. There are 100's of examples of how to do this in the forums here that should answer your questions.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thank you your attention,

post an image to explain better my needs:

e6u8er.gif

On the left we have MAIN window, copiled with first and second field of text file.

When user select a row and press EDIT, second edit contains all 5 field and allow modification.

When finish MAIN OK (on the left) overwrite old file with new (or modified) content.

Adapt some code find, and build MAIN windows with first button capable to read selected row.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <GUIListView.au3>

Local $listview, $button, $item1, $item2, $item3, $item4, $item5, $msg
GUICreate("INI", 640, 480, 0, 0, -1)
$listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("col1|col2|col3|col4|col5  ", 10, 10, 600, 400)
$button = GUICtrlCreateButton("EDIT", 75, 450, 70, 20)

Dim $oneDarray
_FileReadToArray("reg.ini", $oneDarray)
$columnsCounter = stringsplit($oneDarray[1],"§")
Dim $twoDarray[$oneDarray[0] + 1][$columnsCounter[0] + 1]

$data_mined = ""
For $x = 1 to ($oneDarray[0])
    $oneRow = stringsplit($oneDarray[$x],"§")
    $data_mined = ""
    For $y = 1 to ($columnsCounter[0])
        $twoDarray[$x][$y] = $oneRow[$y]
        $data_mined =  $data_mined & $twoDarray[$x][$y] & "|"

Next
     GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($data_mined, $listview)
Next

_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($listview, 0, $LVSCW_AUTOSIZE)
GUISetState()

Do
  $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
      Case $msg = $button
          MsgBox(0, "listview item", GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($listview)))
  EndSelect
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Next step is pass these values to SUB gui, and allow edited data come back to listview.

How substitute values in MAIN ?

Sorry again, and thank you,

m.

Edited by myspacee