ImageSearch doesn't work at all.

ykjKg7t.png

#include <ImageSearch.au3>

HotKeySet("s", "Start")

$X = 0
$Y = 0

Func Start()
 $Search = _ImageSearch('1.bmp', 0, $X, $Y, 0)

if $Search = 1 Then
 MouseMove($X, $Y, 10)
   EndIf
EndFunc

while 1
   sleep(100)
WEnd

Windows 8, 64bit if that matters.

I'm simply trying to make a simple macro to move the mouse to a specific place when the image is available.

Any help?

I'm trying to macro an account creation on a website. No, it's not for a game.

Edited by qweeztar

What is your problem? What is not working? What is the error? Where are my keys? Where is my phone?

There are a lot of unanswered question in the universe. But on the other hand, there are a lot of stupid questions. So it better stays this way.

Welcome to the forum even if I don't believe that you are a newcomer!

A small tip is to use IE UDF since you are automating a website. Or better, WinHttp UDF. Do yourself a favor, search.

What is your problem? What is not working? What is the error? Where are my keys? Where is my phone?

There are a lot of unanswered question in the universe. But on the other hand, there are a lot of stupid questions. So it better stays this way.

Welcome to the forum even if I don't believe that you are a newcomer!

A small tip is to use IE UDF since you are automating a website. Or better, WinHttp UDF. Do yourself a favor, search.

Tried to get my old account back, but I waited around 2 hours for an password reset link but it never arrived so I gave up that hope and created a new account.

Also, to answer your question. The problem is that nothing happens. I'm not getting an error, but the program isn't moving the mouse either.

Edited by qweeztar

ykjKg7t.png

It looks likethe problem is the way you have it looping. Try this:

Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("{HOME}", "Terminate")
$Paused = $Paused
send("{pause}")

$X = 0
$Y = 0

While 1
    Start()
WEnd

Func Start()

if $Search = 1 Then
 MouseMove($X, $Y, 10)
   EndIf
EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

ykjKg7t.png

It looks likethe problem is the way you have it looping. Try this:

Global $Paused
$Paused = $Paused
send("{pause}")

$X = 0
$Y = 0

While 1
    Start()
WEnd

Func Start()

if $Search = 1 Then
 MouseMove($X, $Y, 10)
   EndIf
EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc
>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Autoittest\Test.au3"    
>Exit code: 0    Time: 40.21

Nothing happens when I start the script.

Edited by qweeztar

• Developers

Download and install the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, open the script with SciTE and run it with F5 from SciTE... what does it tell you?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Download and install the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, open the script with SciTE and run it with F5 from SciTE... what does it tell you?

Jos

I got some "error: missing separator character before keyword." from my ImageSearch.au3

The line with the error were the following:

Func _WaitForImagesSearch($findImage,$waitSecs,$resultPosition,ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$tolerance)

So I changed it to:

Func _WaitForImagesSearch($findImage,$waitSecs,$resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$tolerance)

and I didn't get any more errors, but it still doesn't move the mouse to the picture location.

Everything from the box where it shows errors and whatnot.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Autoittest\Test.au3" /UserParams    
+>13:26:33 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.3 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:0000041D  OS:WIN_8/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\User\Desktop\Autoittest\Test.au3
+>13:26:33 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Autoittest\Test.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop

>Process failed to respond; forcing abrupt termination...
>Exit code: 1    Time: 25.86
Edited by qweeztar

Try adding the complete path to the "1.bmp"

Still no difference.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Autoittest\Test.au3" /UserParams    
+>14:54:00 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.3 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:0000041D  OS:WIN_8/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\User\Desktop\Autoittest\Test.au3
+>14:54:00 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Autoittest\Test.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop

>Process failed to respond; forcing abrupt termination...
>Exit code: 1    Time: 24.76

Global $Paused
$Paused = $Paused
send("{pause}")

$X = 0
$Y = 0

While 1
    Start()
WEnd

Func Start()
 $Search = _ImageSearch (@ScriptDir & "\1.bmp", 0, $X, $Y, 0)

if $Search = 1 Then
 MouseMove($X, $Y, 10)
   EndIf
EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc
Edited by qweeztar

Is the picture the same size in its default open size as what is seen on the screen? If you can post the 1.bmp and let me know where it is to be found I will try to fix it.

*Edit - Found where you got your code ;)

In the comments of that video it says:  Replace the dll by one compatible with Windows 7 and/or 64 bit operating systems. Reinstall AutoIt for x68 operating system.

I can only test it in Windows 7 x64 and xp x32 on my end.

Edited by computergroove

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

From the ImageSearch.au3:

;
; Description:      Find the position of an image on the desktop
; Syntax:           _ImageSearchArea, _ImageSearch
; Parameter(s):
;                   $findImage - the image to locate on the desktop
;                   $tolerance - 0 for no tolerance (0-255). Needed when colors of
;                                image differ from desktop. e.g GIF
;                   $resultPosition - Set where the returned x,y location of the image is.
;                                     1 for centre of image, 0 for top left of image
;                   $x $y - Return the x and y location of the image
;
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns 1
;                   On Failure - Returns 0
;
; Note: Use _ImageSearch to search the entire desktop, _ImageSearchArea to specify
;       a desktop region to search
;
;===============================================================================

The reason the script isn't doing anything is that there is nothing for it to do. I added this:

Func Start()
 $Search = _ImageSearch(@DesktopDir & '1.bmp', 0, $X, $Y, 0)
 if $Search = 0 Then;0 means that the imagesearch hasnt found the image then keep on looking
 MouseMove($X, $Y, 10)
 Else
     MsgBox(0,"Results","Found the Picture!")
   EndIf
EndFunc

The problem I am seeing a couple of problems with this script.

1. It checks x and y coords of 0. When it doesn't find the picture at this location then I don't see anywhere where it increases x and/or y pos. When I run the script It starts and immediately stops even with multiple different loop arguments.

*Edit - I believe that _SearchImage is handling this. I made my own script based on what the video said and I am also getting nothing in windows 7 x64.

*Edit 2 - Tried it in my VM XP with the 32 bit version of the imagesearch.au3 and the program does nothing.

*Edit 3 - Im getting an error message in the console when I try to run the script:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\ImageSearch.au3" (44) : ==> Subscript used on non-accessible variable.:
if $result[0]="0" then return 0
if $result^ ERROR

Line 44 in the imagesearch.au3 is:

if $result[0]="0" then return 0

Under _ImageSearchArea which is called when you use add variables to _imageSearch

The Au3 appears to be broken.

Edited by computergroove

So I added the info from the ImageSearch.au3 directly into the script and added some lines to try and debug:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

While 1
Local $X,$Y
 $Search = _ImageSearch(@DesktopDir & '1.bmp', 0, $X, $Y, 0)
 MsgBox(0,"Line 6","Return of ImageSearch is :" & $Search)
WEnd

Func _ImageSearch($findImage,$resultPosition,ByRef $x, ByRef $y,$tolerance, $HBMP=0)
   return _ImageSearchArea($findImage,$resultPosition,0,0,@DesktopWidth,@DesktopHeight,$x,$y,$tolerance,$HBMP)
EndFunc

Func _ImageSearchArea($findImage,$resultPosition,$x1,$y1,$right,$bottom,ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance,$HBMP=0)
    ;MsgBox(0,"asd","" & $x1 & " " & $y1 & " " & $right & " " & $bottom)
    if $tolerance>0 then $findImage = "*" & $tolerance & " " & $findImage
If IsString($findImage) Then
    $result = DllCall("ImageSearchDLL.dll","str","ImageSearch","int",$x1,"int",$y1,"int",$right,"int",$bottom,"str",$findImage,"ptr",$HBMP)
Else
    $result = DllCall("ImageSearchDLL.dll","str","ImageSearch","int",$x1,"int",$y1,"int",$right,"int",$bottom,"ptr",$findImage,"ptr",$HBMP)
EndIf

; If error exit
    if $result="0" then
    ;MsgBox(0,"Line 58 Result","Result = 0")
    return 0
    EndIf

; Otherwise get the x,y location of the match and the size of the image to
    ; compute the centre of search
    $array = StringSplit($result[0],"|")

$x=Int(Number($array[2]))
   $y=Int(Number($array[3]))
   if $resultPosition=1 then
      $x=$x + Int(Number($array[4])/2)
      $y=$y + Int(Number($array[5])/2)
   endif
   return 1
EndFunc

I also added something for the script to do - Msg Box the results of what imagesearch returned, 0 = didnt find the image and 1 = found an image. At least I am getting a return on what imagesearch is finding. I tried a tolerance of 100 and I am still getting a 0 result. I took a screenshot of my desktop and took a small piece of it and cropped it and made sure that there was no white border in paint and saved it as a 24 bit bmp file and saved it to c:. I cannot get imagesearch to return anything except 0.

• 3 weeks later...

Stupid question.:

Why do not i have this: _ImageSearch in my help file and in SCITE?

Do we have a new update again and this one include it? o,O

Edit:

I found this link, dunno if it is help or not.

Edited by TrickyDeath

Sry for my bad English, and double sry, but I am learning AutoIT language by myself. :)

[u]Tricky[/u]

You can't teach a man anything, you can only help him, find it within himself. (Galileo Galilei)

Ahh so that is why i did not seen it in my AutoIT. I gona take a look after it, maybe i can download this addon.

Sry for my bad English, and double sry, but I am learning AutoIT language by myself. :)

[u]Tricky[/u]

You can't teach a man anything, you can only help him, find it within himself. (Galileo Galilei)