Need Help Regarding MouseGetPos() and _ArrayAdd()

Hey guys, I'm a new member here but I've known this forum since 2009. 

Sorry for being blunt but I need your help and I'd really appreciate it if you could enlighten me so I can understand my problem by the tiniest bit of detail (tiny details cannot be missed! :D)

So here's what I wanted to do:

1. To get mouse-coordinates
  2. Store them in an array using _ArrayAdd() e.g. $mousePosArray
  3. Use MouseGetPos() to click "left" in the coordinates inside the array: $mousePosArray
  4. Since it's a for loop I wanted it clicking at both mouse-coordinates at each instance (+increment)

My Script:

#include <misc.au3>
#include <array.au3>
Dim $posArray[2]

MsgBox(64, "???", "Getting mouse coordinates for unit 1..")
Sleep(500)
$unitPos = MouseGetPos()
_ArrayAdd($posArray, $unitPos[0] & ", " & $unitPos[1])
MsgBox(64, "???", "Getting mouse coordinates for unit 2...")
Sleep(500)
$unitPos = MouseGetPos()
_ArrayAdd($posArray, $unitPos[0] & ", " & $unitPos[1])

MouseClick("left", $posArray[0], $posArray[1],1 ,10) 
Sleep(500)
MouseClick("left", $posArray[0], $posArray[1],1, 10)

_ArrayDisplay($posArray)

My Problems:

1. I've tried using MouseClick() with the following coordinates: $mousePosArray[0], and $mousePosArray[1]. e.g. mouseclick("left", $mousePosArray[0], $mousePosArray[1],1,5)
  2. Instead of the mouse moving to the desired coordinates, it moved way farther than the coordinates inside _ArrayDisplay (well, it's not irrelevant isn't it? I used this to make sure that the coordinates were inside the array.)
  3. However, it did click... but I'm obviously not happy since it wasn't the kind of result I wanted. 
  4. Also, could you guys tell me why that, when the 2D interface of _ArrayDisplay() shows up, the coordinates are in [2] and [3], not in both [0] and [1]. I have declared $mousePosArray as: Dim $mousePosArray[2], juuuuuusst below the #includes.

BTW, it is my first time using this function so I hope you be understanding :)

IF POSSIBLE, I ASK THAT AN EXPERT HELP ME OUT. BUT EVERYONE CAN START THE BALL ROLLIN'! :D

Edited by marsEvolve

If you've already paved the way with some code then we certainly appreciate it when you share it. It takes a lot of time to make it from scratch and it is often times easier to see where there is a mistake in your code and fix it. 

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

If you've already paved the way with some code then we certainly appreciate it when you share it. It takes a lot of time to make it from scratch and it is often times easier to see where there is a mistake in your code and fix it. 

Included my script ^

You aren't making a 2d array and I cannot remember the syntax. This is what I have made so far. I was reading how to do this earlier today and I cannot find it again. I'm working on it.

#include <array.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

Global $aArray[0][2];Array to store the mouse click positions in

Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll"); This is part of the _IsPressed Function
Global $nClicks=0 ;Number of clicks you want to limit the array to accept from MouseGetPos()(optional)

While 1
$pos = MouseGetPos();Gets x and y coordinates of where the mouse is
If _IsPressed("01", $hDLL) Then
    _ArrayAdd($aArray,$pos);first click writes to array line 0, second click writes to array line 1 etc...
    $nClicks = $nClicks + 1
    Clicks()
    While _IsPressed("01",$hDLL)
        Sleep(250)
    WEnd
    Sleep(100)
EndIf
WEnd

Func Clicks()
    If $nClicks > 5 Then;number of clicks you want x and y coordinates you want to be written to the array
        _ArrayDisplay($aArray);Shows all of the mouse coordinates on the screen
    EndIf
EndFunc

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

You aren't making a 2d array and I cannot remember the syntax. This is what I have made so far. I was reading how to do this earlier today and I cannot find it again. I'm working on it.

#include <array.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

Global $nClicks=0 ;Number of clicks you want to limit the array to accept from MouseGetPos()(optional)

While 1
    _ArrayAdd($aArray,$pos);first click writes to array line 0, second click writes to array line 1 etc...
    $nClicks = $nClicks + 1
    Clicks()
    While _IsPressed("01",$hDLL)
        Sleep(250)
    WEnd
    Sleep(100)
EndIf
WEnd

Func Clicks()
    If $nClicks > 5 Then;number of clicks you want x and y coordinates you want to be written to the array
        _ArrayDisplay($aArray);Shows all of the mouse coordinates on the screen
    EndIf
EndFunc

Mouse X-Y coordinates are not recorded inside the _ArrayDisplay. My guess is that you forgot to add $pos[0] and $pos[1].

Well, anyways it's not adding the coordinates inside :(

Edited by marsEvolve

What is the correct syntax to add the x and y coords to the array with _arrayAdd? I cannot find any examples on the net or forums. MouseGetPos() returns the coords in a 2d array. Why isnt this working?

Edited by computergroove

What is the correct syntax to add the x and y coords to the array with _arrayAdd? I cannot find any examples on the net or forums. MouseGetPos() returns the coords in a 2d array. Why isnt this working?

#include <misc.au3>
#include <array.au3>
Dim $posArray[3]

MsgBox(64, "???", "Getting mouse coordinates for unit 1..")
Sleep(500)
$unitPos = MouseGetPos()
_ArrayInsert($posArray, 0, $unitPos[0])
_ArrayInsert($posArray, 1, $unitPos[1])
MsgBox(64, "???", "Getting mouse coordinates for unit 2...")
$unitPos = MouseGetPos()
_ArrayInsert($posArray, 2, $unitPos[0])
_ArrayInsert($posArray, 3, $unitPos[1])
Sleep(500)
MouseClick("left", $posArray[0], $posArray[1],1 ,10)
Sleep(500)
MouseClick("left", $posArray[2], $posArray[3],1, 10)

_ArrayDisplay($posArray)

Although it's redundant, it works... I guess I should be happy?

Try this. Press "1" to replay your clicks.

#include <Misc.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

HotKeySet("1", "_Replay")

Global Enum $X, $Y

While 1
        While _IsPressed("01", $hDLL)
            Sleep(10)
        WEnd
        ReDim $aArray[UBound($aArray)+1][UBound($aArray, 2)]
        $aArray[UBound($aArray)-1][$X] = $pos[0]
        $aArray[UBound($aArray)-1][$Y] = $pos[1]
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _Replay()
    For $idx = 0 To Ubound($aArray)-1
        MouseClick("Left", $aArray[$idx][$X], $aArray[$idx][$Y])
    Next
EndFunc
Edited by Geir1983

Try this. Press "1" to replay your clicks.

#include <Misc.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

HotKeySet("1", "_Replay")

Global Enum $X, $Y

While 1
        While _IsPressed("01", $hDLL)
            Sleep(10)
        WEnd
        ReDim $aArray[UBound($aArray)+1][UBound($aArray, 2)]
        $aArray[UBound($aArray)-1][$X] = $pos[0]
        $aArray[UBound($aArray)-1][$Y] = $pos[1]
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _Replay()
    For $idx = 0 To Ubound($aArray)-1
        MouseClick("Left", $aArray[$idx][$X], $aArray[$idx][$Y])
    Next
EndFunc

Thanks, now how you do this if I wanted it to repeat 5 times while clicking at different xy mouse coordinates for 5 times as well?

E.G. my game has 5 rounds and I have 5 units available for commence, I want to make it so that the loop would run 5 times whilst clicking all 5 units in each round.

my idea: using the data stored into the array using _ArrayInsert to obtain all 5 unit coordinates (I have a problem with this actually)

For each round to 5 rounds step -1

for each unit to 5 units step -1

mouseclick("left", $unitPosArray[$unit], $unitPosArray[++$unit])  ; x = $unitPosArray[0], y = $unitPosArray[1], from the mousegetpos()  

I thought it would work well but as it turned out, the mouse moved somewhere I had not set the xy coordinates to. 

I tried getting the data from the $unitPosArray via the method _ArrayDisplay($unitPosArray) but the ones that were there were abit different.

i.e. _ArrayInsert($unitPosArray, 0, $unitPos[0]) x-coordinates work fine but when it comes to the y-coordinate values it becomes similar or has the same value as the x-coordinates stored in the array.

I do know that when x = [0] and y = [1] the values inside the array increase as you're putting in new rows. i.e. $unitPos[3], this array originally has 4 rows (of course, from 0 to 4), however, when I looked into it I noticed that, and correct me if I'm wrong, the number of rows increased because of the y-coordinate conditions in the for-loop has already met the value of $unitCount (which is 5 times) so I guess that $unitCount only serves as an iterator (repeat-er). 

TL;DR I'm having trouble inserting the right x-y values inside my array, however, I'm still trying out various methods (and not to forget that I am new to this scripting language). I hope you can help me ASAP.

• Moderators

marsEvolve,

my game has 5 rounds and I have 5 units available for commence

Geir1983 is quite right - please read the Forum rules (the link is also at bottom right of each page) - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - before you post again. Thread locked. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area