The second parameter for Run is the working directory, you can't just throw a function call in there and expect it to work.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Synaps3
      This script will make it so you can press Alt + "+" in Windows Explorer to select all files with the current file extension. This is something that I wanted for a long time and it should be a feature in Windows, but it's not. The only way to get close is to use the search thing (but then it shows the results excluding everything else) or to group by that type, but I don't want it grouped.
      You can press Alt + Enter right after to open properties on those files or you can press delete to delete only files of that type.
      You need the "Automating Windows Explorer" pack here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/162905-automating-windows-explorer/

#include "Includes\AutomatingWindowsExplorer.au3" #include <Array.au3> Opt( "MustDeclareVars", 1 ) HotKeySet("!=", "SelectTypes") Func SelectTypes() ; Windows Explorer on XP, Vista, 7, 8 Local $hExplorer = WinGetHandle("[REGEXPCLASS:^(Cabinet|Explore)WClass$]") If Not $hExplorer Then MsgBox(0, "Explorer", "Could not find Windows Explorer.") Return EndIf $hExplorer = WinActive("[REGEXPCLASS:^(Cabinet|Explore)WClass$]") If Not $hExplorer Then MsgBox(0, "Explorer", "Windows Explorer is not in focus.") Return EndIf ; Get an IShellBrowser interface GetIShellBrowser($hExplorer) If Not IsObj($oIShellBrowser) Then MsgBox(0, "Explorer", "Could not get an IShellBrowser interface.") Return EndIf ; Get other interfaces GetShellInterfaces() ; Get selected files with full path ;GetFiles( $fSelected = False, $fFullPath = False, $fPidl = False, $iMax = 0 ) Local $aAllFiles = GetItems(False, False) Local $aFiles = GetItems(True, False) Local $sExt Local $i If UBound($aFiles) = 1 Then ;MsgBox(0, "Selected", $aFiles[0]) $sExt = StringRight($aFiles[0], StringLen($aFiles[0]) - StringInStr($aFiles[0], ".", 0, -1)) ;MsgBox(0, "Selected", $sExt) For $i = 0 To UBound($aAllFiles) - 1 If StringInStr($aAllFiles[$i], ".") > 0 Then If StringRight($aAllFiles[$i], StringLen($aAllFiles[$i]) - StringInStr($aAllFiles[$i], ".", 0, -1)) = $sExt Then SetSelectedItem($i) EndIf EndIf Next Else MsgBox($MB_ICONWARNING, "Error", "None or multiple items selected!") EndIf EndFunc While 1 GUIGetMsg() Wend  
    • By SWSSSM
      Hi there,
      maybe someone can help me.
      If automated a script that should xcopy from various paths (all within C:\*\...) to a external Disk (HDD). (Backup data of users who get new pcs win10)
      I tried it several times with windows 10 home/pro any clients and never got any failure. (after the testing was done)
      But when i tried to run it shortly ago on a windows 7  pro x64 client, the script started (as i saw in taskmanagr.exe) but i didn't performed any of the actions when i came down to the xcopy part.
      (in the systemtray, it showd the scipt to start, but it was marked as "paused" and i couldn't stop this. No plan why)
       i inserted/attached the script down here.
      Does anyone know why? any ideas?backup-scrp.au3
      PS:  the tray debug line just added by today (i re-try it tomorrow when i've set up another win7 client to test with)
      PPS: i know my coding-style isn't very optimized
    • By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      Trying to open windows explorer to a WebDav location and it's not working quite how I want, on the computers it is setup as a "network location" (as opposed to a "mapped drive", and this unfortunately can't be changed), the "Data" WebDav folder sits directly under "This PC" if that's an easier way to get to it. any suggestions as to what I can correct to get the 2nd example to work?
      ; This works, but I'm trying to avoid this as users normally see the URL style in the 2nd example below $folderToOpen = "\\mycompany.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ; This does not work, it tries to open the WebDav url in the default web browser $folderToOpen = "https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ShellExecute also opens it in the default browser.
      Saw _WinAPI_ShellOpenFolderAndSelectItems but couldn't get the 2nd example to work.
      If I manually open Windows Explorer and paste in https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data it loads the WebDav directory without issue.
      If I have to use the pathing from the first example it is fine, just trying to give users a familiar experience.
      Thanks!
    • By EmilyLove
      What is Rollbar?
      Rollbar provides real-time error alerting & debugging tools for developers. Learn more about it at https://rollbar.com/product/
      Demo: https://rollbar.com/demo/demo/
      Screenshot:
      Instructions: (RollbarTest.au3)
      ; Include RollbarSDK #include "RollbarSDK.au3" ;Turns on ConsoleWrite debugging override. ;Global $Rollbar_Debug=False ; Initialize RollbarSDK with the project's API key. ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sToken - [Required] Go to https://rollbar.com/<User>/<ProjectName>/settings/access_tokens/ for your project. Use the token for post_server_item. _Rollbar_Init("eaa8464a4082eeabd9454465b8f0c0af") ; Write code that causes an error you want to catch, then call ; _Rollbar_Send ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sErrorLevel - [Required] Must be one of the following values: Debug, Info, Warning, Error, Critical. ; $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_Send("Debug", "This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_Send("Warning", "This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_Send("Error", "This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_Send("Critical", "This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!") ;No Message ; Rollbar_Send's helper functions ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_SendDebug("This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_SendInfo("This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_SendWarning("This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_SendError("This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_SendCritical("This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") ; Usable Example Local $sImportantFile = "C:\NOTAREALFILE_1234554321.txt" Switch FileExists($sImportantFile) Case True MsgBox(0, "Example Script", "An important file was found. Continuing...") Case Else _Rollbar_SendCritical('An important file was missing. Halting... File: "' & $sImportantFile & '"', 'Important file "' & $sImportantFile & '" is missing.') EndSwitch Notes: Please comment your feedback, advice, & suggestions below. While this is only a proof of concept, I will expand its feature set for everyone to use. 
      Right now, it is fully functional but not tested in production.

Changelog:
      RollbarSDK.au3
      RollbarTest.au3
      v0.2

v0.1.1

• By Pike
      Hey Everyone, I haven't been here in a while and recently picked up my old project. Still an FNG!
      To the point: I want to be able to push the button and either play an mp3, open a file, or open an exe program (all with the same button). The problem is that I don't know how to code for that at "case 1"
              Case 1                                                                                                                                             
                  Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default")                                
                  SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                     <-------------------------------
                  Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                                 <------------------------------- This 'Run' doesn't work even by itself!
      See code below for layout. If you need more information I will attach more code or answer any questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Much Respect,
      Pike

Func _HandleButton() $iClickCount += 1 $iTimer = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("CheckButtonPress", $CheckTime) EndFunc Func CheckButtonPress() If TimerDiff($iTimer) < $CheckTime Or $iTimer = 0 Then Return Switch $iClickCount Case 1 Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default") SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Case 2 MsgBox(0, "INFORMATION:", "Choose the file you want designated to this button") Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog(0, @ScriptDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST + $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were selected.") EndIf Local $sFileName = InputBox("INFORMATION:", "Please Name Your File?" & @CRLF _ & @CRLF _ & "6 Characters or Less", "") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "One", $sFileOpenDialog) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $sFileName) EndSwitch $iClickCount = 0 AdlibUnRegister() EndFunc