Re: Need Help Regarding MouseGetPos() and arrays

This is my second thread as my first has been locked/closed due to mention of automation/games.

The main reason why I posted in this section of this forum is obviously for educational purposes only but it seemed to be misunderstood because I've written my script to be like an automation bot for a game.

I do understand that this forum strictly prohibits the helping of members who want to cause harm or do illegal things to games such as automation but my reason is purely because I want to learn.

AutoIt scripting language was built to make people's lives easier and to learn to be innovative whilst being a simple scripting language. 

But if you're going to close my post just because of this matter then I would really regret even learning this language at all. To your defense you may mention facts and I would counter that with none other than the pure desire of wanting to learn. 

Now other than that, I have no intention or whatsoever in publicizing or releasing any automation scripts that would be for the use of gaming. I'm already aware of this rule, and I hope that you all understand my point in this. 

And besides, where else would I learn how to script and understand more about AutoIt other than the official forum? 

Friendly warning.

When they said absolutely no exception, that's exactly what they meant.

They make no judgments of you, what your motivations are or whether you are a good person or bad.

None of that matters.

There are plenty of topics here, aside from the Rules, to tell you the why.

I didn't see your other topic, but the fact that you are referring to a Locked Topic about it's content, means that you have broken another rule. You need to avoid anything to do with that Locked Topic, as anything seemingly related, will be seen as a continuation.

And this is not the Chat section, it's a place where you provide code and ask your questions.

Most of us are only too willing to help you with legitimate AutoIt coding.

P.S. Once the cat is out of the bag, no amount of disguising will stop our expectation, that it is still a cat.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Friendly warning.

When they said absolutely no exception, that's exactly what they meant.

They make no judgments of you, what your motivations are or whether you are a good person or bad.

None of that matters.

There are plenty of topics here, aside from the Rules, to tell you the why.

I didn't see your other topic, but the fact that you are referring to a Locked Topic about it's content, means that you have broken another rule. You need to avoid anything to do with that Locked Topic, as anything seemingly related, will be seen as a continuation.

And this is not the Chat section, it's a place where you provide code and ask your questions.

Most of us are only too willing to help you with legitimate AutoIt coding.

P.S. Once the cat is out of the bag, no amount of disguising will stop our expectation, that it is still a cat.

Well said. I am not trying to push into this as it would seem pointless as the rules are clear, but it's rude to just close a topic suddenly just because of a "guess."

If you guys are still willing to help, I am still having the same problem

Code Below: 

; Get the user prompt
    For $valCounterX = 0 To $unitCount Step 1
        For $valCounterY = $valCounterY To $unitCount Step 1
            MsgBox(64, "UC", "Button Counter: " & $valCounterX & ",     " & $valCounterY)
            $unitPos = MouseGetPos()
            _ArrayInsert($unitPosArray, $valCounterX, $unitPos[0])
            _ArrayInsert($unitPosArray, $valCounterY, $unitPos[1])
        Next
        $valCounterX = $valCounterX + 1
    Next
    _ArrayDisplay($unitPosArray)

; Next Phase
    MsgBox(64, "???", "Clicking Buttons...")
    _ArrayDisplay($unitPosArray)
    For $unitClickX = $unitClickX To $unitCount Step 1
        For $unitClickY = $unitClickX + 1 To $unitCount + 1 Step 1
            MouseClick("left", $unitPosArray[0], $unitPosArray[$unitClickY], 1, 10)
        Next
        $unitClickX = $unitClickX + 2
    Next

REMOVED SOME LINES DUE TO MISUNDERSTANDING.

A. MISUNDERSTANDING.