New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with updated SciTE v3.4.4

Jos

• Developers

8/1/2014: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe installer with an updated SciTE v3.4.4 release.

These are the major changes:
Changed the Fileversion numbers for the installer and programs I support to make the te same.
Format is: YY.(M)MDD.(H)HMM.0 for the installer release version. Betas will be increments of the 4th number.  Fixes for reported bugs in Au3Stripper.

Enjoy,
Jos

Addition/Changes/Fixes in the current installer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8/1/2014
General: Changed the Fileversion numbers for the installer and programs I support to make the te same.
Format is: YY.(M)MDD.(H)HMM.0 for the installer release version. Betas will be increments of the 4th number.

*** Merged the SciTE v 3.4.4 by Neil Hodgson with our own version of SciTE. (Jos)
    - Added Options:
        #~ highlight.current.word.stopatspace=0        // 1 is the default behaviour.
    - Added Ctrl+E shortcut which will open Explorer in the ScriptDir and select the filename being edited.
    - Added Shift+F7 to just compile the script for testing without running any other utility. Similar to #AutoIt3Wrapper_Testing=y
    - Added logic to better determine the current CallTip parameter being edited by testing for the delimiter style define with:
        calltip.au3.delimiter.style=8

*** Updated SciTE4AutoIt3 installer v14.801.2025.0 (Jos)
    - Changed code to update the SCITE_USERHOME enviroment variable.
    - Added Restore option for SciTE-Lite when uninstalling this Full version.

*** Updated SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile (Jos)
    - Added Directive sections to the index.
    - Updated AutoIt3Help.exe to automatically open this helpfile when the keyword contains #autoit3wrapper_ , #au3stripper or #tidy_.

*** Updated Au3Stripper v14.801.2025.0 (Jos)
    - Fixed lexing typo with /RenameMinimum commandline parameter.
    - Fixed to be able to handle more levels of Include files and avoid a stackspace crash .
    - Added #Au3Stripper_Parameters Parameter:
        - /rsln -> Replace @ScriptLineNumber with the actual line number for source debug purposes with compiled scripts. (Idea of mLipok)

*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v14.801.2025.0 (Jos)
    - Changed the re-start shortcut to Ctrl+Alt+Break.
    - Added /test parameter to allow shortcut to compile script in test without running anything else than AUT2XE.
    - Added UPX support for x64 scripts since it is now supported.
    - Added ShowProgress INI option and #AutoIt3Wrapper_ShowProgress directive to allow disable of Progress Window.
    - Added directives to allow forcing the #RequireAdmin for Run_Before or Run_After statements:
        #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before_Admin=               ;(Y/N) Run subsequent Run_Before statements with #RequireAdmin. Default=N
        #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After_Admin=                ;(Y/N) Run subsequent Run_After statements with #RequireAdmin. Default=N
    - Added directives to allow Fileversion increase before compilation:
        #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_First_Increment ;(Y/N) AutoIncrement Y=Before or N=After compile. Default=N

*** Updated SciTEConfig v14.801.2025.0 (Jos)
    - Fixed several small bugs. (Jos)

*** Updated Tidy v14.801.2025.0 (Jos)
    - Fixed regression when the FUNC keyword is on a #region line

*** Updated CodeWizard v1.5.3.1 (Jos)
    - Fixed to make use of the new SCITE_USERHOME env variable and several other syntax updates.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.
==> Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions
==> <B>Check the newly formatted</B> the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

2 questions

1. Why AutoIt3Help.exe and Au3Check.exe are still there in the beta download area.

2. same question for Get_AU3_RegistrySettings.au3 and *.lua

Good work

Cheers

Jpm

Goed gedaan, meneer Jos

Vriendelijke groeten

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

2 questions

1. Why AutoIt3Help.exe and Au3Check.exe are still there in the beta download area.

2. same question for Get_AU3_RegistrySettings.au3 and *.lua

Good work

Cheers

Jpm

1. These are not part of theSciTE4AutoIt3 installer. au3check probably can be removed now as that was a fix for an COM issue. AutoIt3Help.exe is a changed version of the current production which will open SciTE4AutoIt3 help for #AutoIt3wrapper; #Region: #Tidy and #au3Stripper directives. The chages are committed.

2. These will be removed soon. :)

Chees

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I noticed that if the script is running through F5, then it still works F1, but ALT+F1 does not work.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Hello

A user with Admin rights can install your SciTE Editor on a pc and use is it later with no problems.

This user has the needed environment variables:

- UserDir => C:UserstestusrAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper  
- SCITE_USERHOME => C:UserstestusrAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE

On the other hand an user who has never logged in before to this pc gets after login, when doing a CTRL-F5

- UserDir => C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper  ==> No SCITE_USERHOME

Conclusion:

Only an Admin user  who has installed SciTE has the correct SCITE_USERHOME enviroment ! (incl. over session 0)

My Question:

Wouldn't it be better to set SCITE_USERHOME to all new logged in users  a pc where SciTE is installed.

Is an environment variable necessary ? Why not using directly in SciTE @LocalAppDataDir & "AutoIt v3SciTE" Or C:Users%username%AppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE ??

Maybe I 've missed something on this. Please let me know, thanks.

• Developers

I noticed that if the script is running through F5, then it still works F1, but ALT+F1 does not work.

Correct as that is one of the fixes I have coded in SciTE which works only for the standard Helpfile ShortCuts.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Hello

A user with Admin rights can install your SciTE Editor on a pc and use is it later with no problems.

This user has the needed environment variables:

- UserDir => C:UserstestusrAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper  

- SCITE_USERHOME => C:UserstestusrAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE

On the other hand an user who has never logged in before to this pc gets after login, when doing a CTRL-F5

- UserDir => C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper  ==> No SCITE_USERHOME

Conclusion:

Only an Admin user  who has installed SciTE has the correct SCITE_USERHOME enviroment ! (incl. over session 0)

My Question:

Wouldn't it be better to set SCITE_USERHOME to all new logged in users  a pc where SciTE is installed.

Is an environment variable necessary ? Why not using directly in SciTE @LocalAppDataDir & "AutoIt v3SciTE" Or C:Users%username%AppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE ??

Maybe I 've missed something on this. Please let me know, thanks.

I have conscientiously selected setting the User Environment and not the Machine Environment with the Installer, to allow for different user setups on one machine.

You can either manually set the Environment variable on the computer or just run install for each user, which would also take care of copying all old config files from their original locations.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have strange console info 

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /test /in "Z:TOOLsMacroPROGRAMYKK_Pisma_do_pdfKK_Pisma_do_pdf.au3"

+>13:07:14 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0415)
+>         SciTEDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE   UserDir => C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE 
- *** Compile in Test mode skipping Tidy; Au3Check; Au3Stripper; Resource updating and Versioning to speed up the process. ***
>Running:vDataKompilacji.exe
>vDataKompilacji.exe Ended   rc:0
>Running AU3Check (3.3.13.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3  input:Z:TOOLsMacroPROGRAMYKK_Pisma_do_pdfKK_Pisma_do_pdf.au3
+>13:07:27 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.10.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "Z:TOOLsMacroPROGRAMYKK_Pisma_do_pdfKK_Pisma_do_pdf.au3" /out "C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3gqwnmqo.exe" /nopack /icon "..__ICONSWork_black.ico" /comp 0
+>13:07:35 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3gqwnmqo.exe. rc:0
+>13:07:46 Created program:Z:TOOLsMacroPROGRAMYKK_Pisma_do_pdfKK_Pisma_do_pdf.exe
+>13:07:47 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 34.07

Why AU3Check  is started, since previously wrote that skips ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

I have strange console info 

Why AU3Check  is started, since previously wrote that skips ?

Guess I haven't been able to make up my mind here. :)

So should /test also skip au3check or leave that in when doing a test compilation?

Thoughts?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I think that the essence of the test (the Shift + F7) was to add the ability to quickly test minor changes. With this assumption is presumed that the risk of making any error is negligible, or from the assumption "acceptable". So if you want to quickly test, for me it is really fast, that is, without the use of Au3Check. 

And by the way a pity that there is no appropriate option SHIFT + F5 ie. Test run.

edit: wording
Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Please check the following questions about the file encoding. Thanks.

test.zip

1. SciTE setting codepage 65001, using utf8.au3(#include utf8include.au3) , when the SyntaxCheckProd warnning:
Input file is UTF8 without BOM encoded, Au3Stripper do not support UNICODE.....
AutoIt3Wrapper will not show a GUI......

2. Change to uft8withBOM.au3 (and include utf8withBOMinclude.au3), warnning:
! Au3check doesn't support input files encoded as UTF8 with BOM: XXXtestincludeutf8withBOMinclude.au3
"XXXtestutf8withBOM.au3"(4,33) : error: GetMSDMKey(): undefined function.
Local $sProductKey = GetMSDMKey()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

3. uft8withBOM.aue and include uft8incude.au3   is OK.

4. SciTE setting codepage 936(Chinese Simplified), using cp936.au3 indude cp936include.au3, warnning:

Input file is UTF8 without BOM encoded, Au3Stripper do not support UNICODE and will be skipped.      *
! * The file SHOULD BE encoded as UTF8 with BOM to continue processing by AutoIt3Wrapper.          
 AutoIt3Wrapper will not show a GUI or update the script to avoid any damage to your scriptfile.
 When your file isn't a UTF8 file without BOM then please report this to me for review. 

Jos,

AFAICT in AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.727.1229.0 the #AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3 directives permanently overrides the default program for subsequent runs (production or beta) until another #AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3 directive is encountered. Well unless I missed something. I tried passing the value "" and nothing but to no avail.

Wasn't it your intention to change the program invoked only for the current run?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• Developers

Please check the following questions about the file encoding. Thanks.

attachicon.giftest.zip

1. SciTE setting codepage 65001, using utf8.au3(#include utf8include.au3) , when the SyntaxCheckProd warnning:
Input file is UTF8 without BOM encoded, Au3Stripper do not support UNICODE.....
AutoIt3Wrapper will not show a GUI......

2. Change to uft8withBOM.au3 (and include utf8withBOMinclude.au3), warnning:
! Au3check doesn't support input files encoded as UTF8 with BOM: XXXtestincludeutf8withBOMinclude.au3
"XXXtestutf8withBOM.au3"(4,33) : error: GetMSDMKey(): undefined function.
Local $sProductKey = GetMSDMKey()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

3. uft8withBOM.aue and include uft8incude.au3   is OK.

4. SciTE setting codepage 936(Chinese Simplified), using cp936.au3 indude cp936include.au3, warnning:

Input file is UTF8 without BOM encoded, Au3Stripper do not support UNICODE and will be skipped.      *
! * The file SHOULD BE encoded as UTF8 with BOM to continue processing by AutoIt3Wrapper.          
 AutoIt3Wrapper will not show a GUI or update the script to avoid any damage to your scriptfile.
 When your file isn't a UTF8 file without BOM then please report this to me for review. 

Please give me the management summary and what the actual question is as this feels like a puzzle to me. :)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic