Strange AutoIt HardCrash with ObjCreate and GUICtrlCreateObj

I found a nice script here:
I was trying to use it and I had AutoIt HardCrash.

It happen on production and latest beta AutoIt
you can get ActiveX: OcvitaBarcode.ocx here:
exactly :
Global $oBCode, $oBCodeGUI

$GUI = GUICreate("OCVITA_BARCODE by AutoIt3, Valery Ivanov, 19 September, 2013", 400, 400, -1, -1)
$oBCode = ObjCreate("Ocvita.Barcode")
$oBCode.symbology = 1
$oBCodeGUI = GUICtrlCreateObj($oBCode, 10, 110, 380, 280)
GUISetState()

ConsoleWrite('!' & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF)
; check - if step 1 is OK
$oBCode.AboutBox()

CRASH_IS_HERE_RefreshBCode(2)

; check - if step 2 is OK
$oBCode.AboutBox()

Func CRASH_IS_HERE_RefreshBCode($NewSymIndex)

; Crash only if this ObjCreate is used - comment them to avoid crash
    $oBCode.symbology = $NewSymIndex

; !!!!!!!!! EXACTLY HERE
EndFunc   ;==>CRASH_IS_HERE_RefreshBCode

REMARKS:

This error is somehow related to my system. 
Currently, I have the opportunity to call him on two computers: 
Win XP Pro x86, and Win 7 Pro x64. 
Both computers are fully updated. 
On both ESET Smart Security, but when I disable antivirus makes no changes.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash_old.au3" /UserParams    
+>11:58:15 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_XP/Dodatek Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86    Environment(Language:0415)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Documents and Settings\u1\Ustawienia lokalne\Dane aplikacji\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Documents and Settings\u1\Ustawienia lokalne\Dane aplikacji\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.10.2)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3  input:Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash_old.au3
+>11:58:15 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.10.2):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash_old.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
!10
!14
!24
!26
!>11:58:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>11:58:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 1.45

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash_old.au3" /UserParams    
+>12:03:03 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_XP/Dodatek Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X86    Environment(Language:0415)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Documents and Settings\u1\Ustawienia lokalne\Dane aplikacji\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Documents and Settings\u1\Ustawienia lokalne\Dane aplikacji\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.13.13)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta  input:Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash_old.au3
+>12:03:03 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.13.13):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe "Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash_old.au3"    
!10
!14
!24
!26
!>12:03:04 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>12:03:04 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 1.746

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem ?

EDIT:
I was able to make another repro:

$GUI = GUICreate("OCVITA_BARCODE by AutoIt3, Valery Ivanov, 19 September, 2013", 400, 400, -1, -1)
; STEP 1

#Region SOLUTION 1: Try to comment this entire region - to omnit this hard crash
$oBCode.symbology = 1
#EndRegion SOLUTION 1: Try to comment this entire region - to omnit this hard crash

$oBCode.AboutBox()
GUISetState()

; STEP 2
CRASH_IS_HERE_RefreshBCode(3)
$oBCode.AboutBox()

#Region SOLUTION 2: Try to comment this entire region - to omnit this hard crash
    GUICtrlDelete($oBCodeGUI)
    #EndRegion SOLUTION 2: Try to comment this entire region - to omnit this hard crash

; !!!!!!!!! EXACTLY HERE

This second script reproductive shows two possible solutions.

QUESTION 1:

If anyone can confirm that any of the scripts, causes at his computer AutoIt HardCrash?

QUESTION 2:

Why is the first script on some systems work properly and the other exits with AutoIt HardCrash?

QUESTION 3:

What is wrong with using object outside the func (I refering to SOLUTION 1)

QUESTION 4:

What is wrong with using GUICtrlDelete($oBCodeGUI)  (I refering to SOLUTION 2)

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I tried to deduce what was happening. 
I found a similar problem: Com Object Issue

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Still looking for the cause (I'm stubborn, I know, I know sometimes annoying). 
I try with different variants of my code.

Here is what I get:

Example 1 (EDIT: error bit is not quite related to issue of the first post):
#include <Debug.au3>

; STEP 1

#Region SOLUTION 1: Try to comment this entire region - to omnit this hard crash
$oBCode.symbology = 1
GUISetState()
#EndRegion SOLUTION 1: Try to comment this entire region - to omnit this hard crash

_DebugSetup(Default, True, 1, Default, True) ; 1 = GUI output with timestamping
_DebugCOMError(1)

$oBCode.AboutBox()

; STEP 2
$oBCode.AboutBox()

#Region SOLUTION 2: Try to comment this entire region - to omnit this hard crash
;~  GUICtrlDelete($oBCodeGUI)
    GUICtrlDelete(-1)
    #EndRegion SOLUTION 2: Try to comment this entire region - to omnit this hard crash

; !!!!!!!!! EXACTLY HERE

AutoIt_HardCrash1.png

EDIT:

and

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\_ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash.au3" /UserParams    
+>07:59:46 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0415)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.13.16)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta  input:Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\_ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash.au3
+>07:59:46 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.13.16):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe "Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\_ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash.au3"    
!21
!32
!39
!>08:03:06 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:3
+>08:03:06 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3    Time: 199.6
Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

EXAMPLE 2:

#include <Debug.au3>

; STEP 1

$oBCode.symbology = 1
GUISetState()

$oBCode.AboutBox()

; STEP 2
$oBCode.AboutBox()

GUICtrlDelete($oBCodeGUI)
;~  GUICtrlDelete(-1)

; !!!!!!!!! EXACTLY HERE
RESULTS:

AutoIt_HardCrash2.png

AutoIt_HardCrash3.png

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\_ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash.au3" /UserParams    
+>08:13:02 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0415)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.13.16)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta  input:Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\_ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash.au3
+>08:13:02 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.13.16):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe "Z:\TOOLs\ActiveX Components\Barcode\_ocvitabarcode\OcvitaBarcode_crash.au3"    
!19
!30
!37
!>08:17:05 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>08:17:05 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 244.2

EXAMPLE 3:

when I add  _Debug...  just after GUICreate

_DebugSetup(Default, True, 1, Default, True) ; 1 = GUI output with timestamping
_DebugCOMError(1)
AutoIt_HardCrash4.png

and all is ok.

+>08:18:04 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0415)
+>08:18:04 AU3Check ended.rc:0
!21
!32
!39
!43
!32
!39
!43
+>08:18:43 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>08:18:43 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 39.56
Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Are you sure it's not the ActiveX control you're attempting to  use that is the problem?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

from here:

http://ocvita.ru/content/view/90/35/

Ocvita Barcode ActiveX Control

Ocvita Barcode is an ActiveX control, that allowes use of zint in any application, taht support ActiveX. In 1C version 8 you can use it on the forms or table (spreadsheet) document.

EDIT:

Are you saying that the problem is elsewhere than in the ActiveX Control?

EDIT2:

Do you have the same issue on your system with my repro script ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

What I'm saying is, are you sure that this is an AutoIt problem and not a problem with the Ocvitabarcode.ocx file?

Also, yes I get the error message now, and it appears to be pointing to the ActiveX control and not AutoIt, then it causes AutoIt to crash, and not the other way around.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

What I'm saying is, are you sure that this is an AutoIt problem and not a problem with the Ocvitabarcode.ocx file?

To be sure I must do test with other ActiveX control.

I check it and back in few days with results.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

BTW, what does this control give to make you want to use it? I've found that just installing a barcode font usually does the trick for me 99% of the time, but then I don't do QR codes as a general rule.

I need this for PDF417 and Data Matrix , but the QR Code is also very interesting for my clients.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

but I have one question:

$object = ObjCreate(....
$idCTRLObject = GUICtrlCreateObj($object, ....
GUICtrlDelete($idCTRLObject)
MsgBox(0, '', IsObj($object))

in this case what happend with $object ?

IsObj($object) give me result = 1

and 

Within an hour I'll have a ready comparison.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Within an hour I'll have a ready comparison.

Life is surprising, especially family life. Hours turn into a whole day.

Testing script:

#include <ie.au3>
Local $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_ErrFunc")

_Test("Shell.Explorer.2")
_Test("Ocvita.Barcode")

Func _Test($classname)
    Local $oTEST = ObjCreate($classname)
    Local $hWnd_GUI1
    Local $hWnd_GUI2
    Local $id_HtmlGUI1
    Local $id_HtmlGUI2

$hWnd_GUI1 = GUICreate($classname & " test 1", 400, 400, 100, -1)
    $id_HtmlGUI1 = GUICtrlCreateObj($oTEST, 10, 10, 380, 280)
    GUISetState()
    MsgBox(0, $classname, 'GUI 1')
    GUICtrlDelete($id_HtmlGUI1)

$hWnd_GUI2 = GUICreate($classname & " test 2", 400, 400, 550, -1)
    $id_HtmlGUI2 = GUICtrlCreateObj($oTEST, 10, 100, 380, 280)
    GUISetState()
    MsgBox(0, $classname, 'GUI 2')
    GUICtrlDelete($id_HtmlGUI2)

MsgBox(0, $classname, 'EndTest')
    GUIDelete($hWnd_GUI1)
    GUIDelete($hWnd_GUI2)
EndFunc   ;==>_Test

; User's COM error function. Will be called if COM error occurs
Func _ErrFunc($oError)
    ; Do anything here.
    ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName & " (" & $oError.scriptline & ") : ==> COM Error intercepted !" & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.number is: " & @TAB & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.number) & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oError.windescription & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oError.description & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.source is: " & @TAB & @TAB & $oError.source & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpfile & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oError.scriptline & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.retcode is: " & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.retcode) & @CRLF & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>_ErrFunc

Test #1:

Just run this script without any changes.

both test:

_Test("Ocvita.Barcode")

works OK

Test #2:

before run please comment this line:

When message "Debug assertion failed" appear, press ignore.

Test #3:

comment this line:

and this line:

Test #4:

comment only this line:

Summary: 
One thing is certain, not all ActiveX controls are properly written, at least from the perspective of a programmer AutoIt. 

However, what I have learned in the meantime, allow me to use this control in a fully controlled manner. 

On the other hand, at the end of the year I had the opportunity to use a different commercial control if these problems recur, then return to this thread and ask on what I look for in an interview with the producer .
Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I'm in the cleanup of old scripts, in principle, more than two months. 
That's why I'm not using yet 3.3.12.0 
But between 3.3.10.2 and 3.3.13.16, I did not notice any difference. 

But the question also concerned 3.3.12.0, so I quickly did the tests. 
I did not notice any difference in the operation of the script for this version of AutoIT.

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I just try to use Acrobat Reader ActiveX control

so I add:

_Test("AcroPDF.PDF.1")

and HardCrash appear even when "Ocvita.Barcode" works well.

#include <ie.au3>
Local $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_ErrFunc")
#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=B

_Test("Ocvita.Barcode")
_Test("AcroPDF.PDF.1")

Func _Test($classname)
    Local $oTEST = ObjCreate($classname)
    Local $hWnd_GUI1
    Local $hWnd_GUI2
    Local $id_HtmlGUI1
    Local $id_HtmlGUI2

$hWnd_GUI1 = GUICreate($classname & " test 1", 400, 400, 100, -1)
    $id_HtmlGUI1 = GUICtrlCreateObj($oTEST, 10, 10, 380, 280)
    GUISetState()
    MsgBox(0, $classname, 'GUI 1')

$id_HtmlGUI2 = GUICtrlCreateObj($oTEST, 10, 100, 380, 280)
    GUISetState()
    MsgBox(0, $classname, 'GUI 2')
    GUICtrlDelete($id_HtmlGUI2)

MsgBox(0, $classname, 'EndTest')
    GUIDelete($hWnd_GUI1)
    GUIDelete($hWnd_GUI2)
EndFunc   ;==>_Test

; User's COM error function. Will be called if COM error occurs
Func _ErrFunc($oError)
    ; Do anything here.
    ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName & " (" & $oError.scriptline & ") : ==> COM Error intercepted !" & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.number is: " & @TAB & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.number) & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oError.windescription & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oError.description & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.source is: " & @TAB & @TAB & $oError.source & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpfile & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oError.scriptline & @CRLF & _
            @TAB & "err.retcode is: " & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.retcode) & @CRLF & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>_ErrFunc

Remarks: Tested on 3.3.13.16

Signature beginning:

Spoiler