IE stalls after clicking, submitting or navigating

Go to solution Solved by gremio,

hello!

I'm making a script that navigates between web pages, like 1 million people I'm sure. I assume this question was asked 1 million times, but didnt find any answer to it yet. Can't really figure out the right keywords I guess....

So, sometimes, maybe 1 in 20, when I navigate, submit a form or click a link, internet explorer stalls, sometimes for a long time, sometimes for ever. I tried to following : 

Do
_IEFormSubmit($form, 0)
Until(_IELoadWait($nav, 1))

or

Do
_IENavigate($nav, "http://twitterfeed.com/service_tokens")
Until (_IELoadWait($nav, 1))

ETC.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work, I thought it would repeatedly do the action (every second) but the result is the same as before, probably because there is an implicit _IELoadWait within the navigate and formSubmit functions.

This being said, I would like to repeatedly (every second maybe) click, navigate or submit a form until IE responds (or whatever achieves the same result).

Anybody have a solution ?

• Solution

reply to myself : 

Do
_IEFormSubmit($form, 0)
Until(_IELoadWait($nav, 5000,1))

Do
Local $nav = _IECreate("www.twitterfeed.com", 0, 0, 0, 0)
Until(_IELoadWait($nav, 5000,1))
   Do
 _IENavigate($nav, $refresh_links[$j], 0)
   Until(_IELoadWait($nav, 3000,1))

so : 

- Longer wait time before checking if the navigator is ready (1 second was too short maybe because my internet connection is not very good : wireless 3G. Yes, I live outside of the range of high speed hard line internet service.)

- I don't call the implicit _IELoadWait function inside the _IECreate, _IECreate, and _IENavigate function by passing 0 as the pertinent parameter.

I will post my code at some point. I use it to refresh twitterfeed tokens for facebook news feed. It will be my first script. Pretty simple, but it might be good for other newbies who look to do other similar things :

logging in (form sumit)

navigating

finding links

clicking

loging out

creating a log to keep track of what worked and what didnt.

cheers

Edited by gremio