Beginner

Qa5

Hi,

I'm a begginer with AutoIt. I try to make a scripte to test an application, when using AutoIt window Info to get the Controls ID on my application I get no thing. Cant get the Control Ids, just the window title...

Do you have any idea to resolve this?

Thanks

• Moderators

What is the application? Some windows (such as Java) will not give you anything back, and you'll need to use other methods. Knowing the window or application you're trying to test will help us help you :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Again, if it is written in Java you may not get anything from the Window Info tool. When you hover over it are you getting anything at all (screenshot of what you see would be helpful)?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

It's written by a mixte of C++ and C# at less, it's a big application that needs start of many services(exe). when usung Record 3.3 that works but I'd like to write the AutoIt code by my self  then I can have a solid code and also will be more easyer for me to make my chekck points. So I need to use the Window Info to get my controls.

No I get No thing in the Window info for now,

Regards

No idea? i have realy to make a decision if I can continu with AutoIt. I have to create test cases and make verifications and validations to validate some of my tests. and without the objects(bottons) IdControls I cant manipulate the Info to compare my results... 

Thanks

I dont Understand what you mean by Saas Interface?

In fact as part of my course we had to automate test cases on an application of medical management is in JAVA, we used the AWI to locate objects, it was great. it allowed us to make the manipulation of information (retrieves the data of a field, put data in a field, make checks ....), I'm on the application made ​​with all kinds of stuff (which I know is that the code base been done in C ++ and C #). I'd use AutoIt to automate test cases (regression) is done manually at the moment. Example: create a user, after making checks if the user was created correctly ... but without the IdControl it's impossible to do what I want.

Edited by Qa5

• Moderators

It is a wrapper for a framework. It does take some effort to become familiar with it, as most everything does.

You have been given several times the exact same answer to the exact same question you yourself posted previously on the French forum. And now you behave the same here: complain that you have "no solution" since «you don't know how to use it», while clearly displaying absolutely zero effort to even try the advice provided (quickly and for free, should I need to remind you).

This behavior speaks volume about how you respect helpful, skilled and seasonned users from both fora.

Are you now going to similarly annoy kind users of the German, Russian, Brazillian and Klingon fora or can we expect that you start growing up someday?

humble apologies to those I omit to mention.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)