[Solved] Failing FileCopy creates hidden file

Hi,

I'm using following code:

Global $FileName = "test.log"
Global $copyPath = "H:\Temp\Test\Log\"

FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\" & $FileName,$copyPath)

If @error Then
    _DebugOut("Copy failed: " & $copyPath)
Else

_DebugOut("Copied to: " & $copyPath)
EndIf

If folder "Log" is not existing then FileCopy creates a hidden file "Log" at "H:TempTest" with 1KB. 

Second I'll get the message in my debug file "Copied to: H:TempTestLog". But it's not true.

Any suggestions?

I tried an asterisk at the end of my $copyPath as it is suggested >here.

FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\" & $FileName,$copyPath & "*")

Now there will be no hidden file but @error leads always to "Copied to: H:TempTestLog".

What's wrong?

Regards Simpel

Edited by Simpel
solved
SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

• Moderators

Per the help file:

The destination directory must already exist, except using with flag value $FC_CREATEPATH (8).
For instance the combined flag $FC_OVERWRITE (1) + $FC_CREATEPATH (8) overwrites the target file and pre-checks for the destination directory structure and if it doesn't exist creates it automatically.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks.

I know. But it shouldn't try to create that folder.

So I decided to take the default, what is '0' or left blank.

It's not a solution for me.

Simpel

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Found out myself:

$msg = FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\" & $FileName,$copyPath & "*")

If $msg = "1" Then
    _DebugOut("Copied to: " & $copyPath)
Else
    _DebugOut("Copy failed: " & $copyPath)
EndIf

Now no hidden file is created while failing and the debug messages will be correct.

Regards Simpel

P.S. Caution: the $copyPath has to end with a "".