Right Click File to Execute Command

ViciousXUSMC

Really small and simple code that you can modify to run any CMD parameters you want (or other script that requires a full system file path to a file)

Background:

I was looking for a way to easily change NTFS file permissions on a LOT of files, when not really finding a native way to do this in AutoIT I turned to the CMD and found Windows ICACLS.

But being CMD driven I needed to feed in the file path and so needed to find a quick and easy way to run this command intelligently based on the file I am currently selecting.

First I tried to find a way to send the path of my current selected item to AutoIt and then use it in a CMD without too much luck of figuring that out.

Then I decided to maybe try and add a Right-Click option directly from the system registry without much luck.

However when I put the two together, magic happened :)

Code:

;will take the file path from the CMD Window and place it in current clipboard
If $CmdLineRaw Then ClipPut($CmdLine[1])
;will execute CMD and dynamically place file path from clipboard
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k icacls "' & ClipGet() & '" /inheritance:d')

How To Use:

!!IMPORTANT!!

Take the script and compile it to an exe and move it to your "SendTo" folder.

To get to that folder you can type in the address bar 

Shell:SendTo

Put your compiled .exe into the folder and from that point forward you can right click any file and choose "Send To --> Your EXE" and it will run what ever script you have in there.

If anybody wants to add other options for a similar feature (like my original idea of selecting the file and having a hotkey activate the CMD) please feel free to add to the topic.

Edited by ViciousXUSMC