compmgmt.msc takes remote computer name from command line

jefhal

I was bored so I converted the command line program compmgmt.msc into one that can take a machine name as a parameter. Compile this as, e.g. +compmgmt.exe and then use it as: +compmgmt sysname

It will open the management console and then switch to the machine you want to view. I'm going through all the *.msc files to do the same (where applicable.)

if $CmdLine[0] = "" Then
    $SysName = InputBox("Enter System Name", "Please enter system name","localhost")
Else
    $SysName = $CmdLine[1] 
EndIf
Run("mmc c:\windows\system32\compmgmt.msc /computer:\\" & $SysName)
Exit

Updated per Mikeqf

Here's the event viewer converted to accept command line input of the remote system name. By the way, these work great as task shell commands in a custom Active Directory console. You just use the system "Name" as the parameter and you are "good to go".

if $CmdLine[0] = "" Then
    $Sysname = InputBox("Enter System Name", "Please enter system name","localhost")
Else
    $SysName = $CmdLine[1] 
EndIf
run(@comspec & ' /c ' & "eventvwr.msc",@tempdir,@SW_HIDE)
winwait("Event Viewer")
send("!ac")
winwait("Select Computer")
send($SysName)
send("{enter}")
Exit
Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

nice, now all you need is to put them all together with an option on which one you want to run ;)

Of course! Even when I run these from my Active Directory task bar, once I have the machine name, a popup gui would be useful...

FYI, a quicker way to run compmgmt.msc on a remote computer:

Thanks! Do you think I could find that yesterday on Google? No. I knew there were switches, but could NOT find them. By the way the code at the top of my script is so I can run the same script from command line or from the Active Directory task bar. I point to a machine and launch whatever tool I need on that target machine: Dameware, Compmgmt, c$, CreateNameScript, Find1394, LastUser, EventManager... The lazy man's path to more time on the AutoIT forum!
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format