Aut2Exe.exe has encountered a problem...

I just finished up a 700 line GUI Script. I am using the Beta v78.

I have windows XP Professional. I have tried to compile the script on 2 different computers. Someone please let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I just finished up a 700 line GUI Script. I am using the Beta v78.

I have windows XP Professional. I have tried to compile the script on 2 different computers. Someone please let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

JS

My suggestion would be: Send a PM reporting the error displayed to Jon or any active dev., also write some info about your script.

BTW, you didn't specify the kind of error displayed. ;)

My suggestion would be: Send a PM reporting the error displayed to Jon or any active dev., also write some info about your script.

BTW, you didn't specify the kind of error displayed. ;)

I said it is one of the Microsoft Errors... that they have the option of Sending or "Dont Send". I can pull up the details of the report, but I cannot copy and paste them. If I were to do so it would be entirely too long.

My script has quite a few functions, and has a GUI. Everything works wonderfully when I run it. It even seems to compile, except for that error. It even creates the .exe file that I specified. I would have PM'ed if I had more information that what I do, but with what I have it is really hard to give a straight answer.

Let me know if you have any more suggestions. I really appreciate your timely and helpful response.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Another tips (some vague ideas that I believe that you could try):

- Try using another "AutoItSC.bin" version.....maybe non-beta.

or

- Like test: Try removing certain code containing beta stuff(if that has) and compile it.

- When using latest beta: Check carefully the functions that were affected by the latest changes, as such binary stuff.

Good luck

I will post a screen shot in a bit. Or rather several of them. The actual error report is just the Microsoft junk. The details may be of help in this problem. The only thing that concerns me is that this happens on 2 of my computers. I dont have any other computers that have Windows or I would test on them as well.

I have just recently compiled a beta script without any problems. The only thing that I am using from the beta is the += for variables. I suppose I could go through and remove those, but it is much cleaner and easier using that.

I will try compiling my other beta script that also only uses the += for variables.

The odd thing is even if there was a syntax change it shouldnt have affected me because I tried working with this before I updated to the latest beta. I figured an update may help the problem. It didnt.

Well time for some more testing. I will post the results.

Thanks for everyones interest and help,

JS

Okay it is apparently some sort of issue with my FileInstall procedures. I commented them out and it worked. Now I must see how to fix that. I think my problem is I am trying to file install a directory and that isnt allowed. (Oh how I wish it was). lol

I appreciate everyones help,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I will post a screen shot in a bit. Or rather several of them. The actual error report is just the Microsoft junk. The details may be of help in this problem. The only thing that concerns me is that this happens on 2 of my computers. I dont have any other computers that have Windows or I would test on them as well.

I have just recently compiled a beta script without any problems. The only thing that I am using from the beta is the += for variables. I suppose I could go through and remove those, but it is much cleaner and easier using that.

I will try compiling my other beta script that also only uses the += for variables.

The odd thing is even if there was a syntax change it shouldnt have affected me because I tried working with this before I updated to the latest beta. I figured an update may help the problem. It didnt.

Well time for some more testing. I will post the results.

Thanks for everyones interest and help,

JS

Okay it is apparently some sort of issue with my FileInstall procedures. I commented them out and it worked. Now I must see how to fix that. I think my problem is I am trying to file install a directory and that isnt allowed. (Oh how I wish it was). lol

I appreciate everyones help,

JS

if it is in fileinstall area can you post files to reproduce it. Aut2exe should not produce a dump neither and executable produce by it.