Newbie, How to know which ctrl the files was dropped onto

squadjot

Go to solution Solved by BrewManNH,

Hi, i'd like to create a GUI with multiple "dropzones" (labels) ,

The basics are working fine,
- but how do i find out which label the files was dropped on to?

My script goes something like this

Global $__DropFiles
Global $hGUI = GUICreate('DragNDrop', 550, 550, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)

Global $dropZone1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, 150, 150)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $COLOR_RED)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)

Global $dropZone2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 160, 0, 150, 150)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $COLOR_BLUE)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_DROPFILES, "WM_DROPFILES")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

Func WM_DROPFILES($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $ilParam

Local $aError[1] = [0], $aReturn
    Switch $iMsg
        Case $WM_DROPFILES
            $aReturn = _WinAPI_DragQueryFileEx($iwParam)
            If IsArray($aReturn) Then
                $__DropFiles = $aReturn
            Else
                $__DropFiles = $aError
    EndIf
   ; _WinAPI_DragFinish($iwParam)
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_DROPFILES

Edited by squadjot

• Solution

From the help file:

If $GUI_DROPACCEPTED (8) is set to a visible control a drag & drop can be taken in account. The edit/input control will be set with the filename.
For other controls on reception of $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED, @GUI_DragId will return the controlID from where the drag start (-1 if from a file, @GUI_DragFile contain the filename being dropped) and @GUI_DropId returns the controlID of the dropped control.
Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Ahh, @GUI_DropId was what i needed - thanks a bunch!

Just a side question while trying to make a solution (trying to learn)

Any reason why this would not work? (Abstract)

(To clarify a bit, the problem is that $cPos = ControlGetPos , does not end up as an array)

Global $dropZone1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, 150, 150)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $COLOR_RED)

test()

Func test()
 $wasOver = isMouseOver($dropZone1)
EndFunc

Func isMouseOver($ctrlRef)
   Local $mp = MouseGetPos()
   Local $cPos = ControlGetPos("","",$ctrlRef)
   Local $res = False
   if(IsArray($cPos)) Then
      if($mp[0] < $cPos[0]+$cPos[2] And $mp[1] < $cPos[2]+$cPos[3] And $mp[0] > $cPos[0] And $mp[1] > $cPos[1] ) Then
         $res = True
      Else
      EndIf
   Else
      ; not array
   EndIf
   return $res   
EndFunc
Edited by squadjot

Can you post a script that can be tested instead of a piece of it? Without knowing exactly how you're calling the test function, it's impossible to tell why controlgetpos doesn't work as expected.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Yeah i know it's not "runnable".. but it's more or less it.. The only change was that i was making the isMouseOver($dropZone1) call  from inside WM_DROPFILES.

I checked that the parameter $ctrlRef is the integer of the guictrl.. 

Anyways, i'll see if i can post a more complete example.  thanks for your help so far!