Looking for "advanced" Au3 Tutorial

Guest Tranztopoleez

Guest Tranztopoleez

Hey guys, i'm very new to Autoit, and i'm wondering where i can find a tutorial that's more advanced then the Autoit basic tutorial that's in the referance file.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, or even just personally help me, if anyone's into that kinda thing

Thanks

Hey guys, i'm very new to Autoit, and i'm wondering where i can find a tutorial that's more advanced then the Autoit basic tutorial that's in the referance file.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, or even just personally help me, if anyone's into that kinda thing

Thanks

You should really find a direction fist as it's hard to just dive into AutoIt expecting to master everything. In v2 I'd say that was quite possible but lots of new features have been added and are constantly being worked on in the v3 beta so it's a different story.

The most fun way for learning, in my experience, is to create little sample programs. If you know the basics of object oriented programming that will help a lot. Once you know how to program well you can do so in any language, it just becomes a matter of getting use to the syntax and the different features.

If you're really serious about learning AutoIt well then I don't mind covering the basics of general good programming. We'll be using a 94 page (free) e-book covering functions, arrays, variables, scope, pretty printing, windows programming, and a few other things. It's written by one of my favorite authors so I think it'll be fun. ;)

Just don't waste my time and go into this half heartedly. :P

Guest Tranztopoleez

You should really find a direction fist as it's hard to just dive into AutoIt expecting to master everything. In v2 I'd say that was quite possible but lots of new features have been added and are constantly being worked on in the v3 beta so it's a different story.

The most fun way for learning, in my experience, is to create little sample programs. If you know the basics of object oriented programming that will help a lot. Once you know how to program well you can do so in any language, it just becomes a matter of getting use to the syntax and the different features.

If you're really serious about learning AutoIt well then I don't mind covering the basics of general good programming. We'll be using a 94 page (free) e-book covering functions, arrays, variables, scope, pretty printing, windows programming, and a few other things. It's written by one of my favorite authors so I think it'll be fun. ;)

Just don't waste my time and go into this half heartedly. :P

Yeah that sounds great, i'm starting to get really interested in learning autoit mostly to work my way up to other things like Perl and Visual BASIC

I'm kind of busy at the moment so i can't write much more but talk to me on AIM if you have it, my name's JimmusMaximuss

help has very good demo's at the bottom

on your computer press the following

Start > All Programs > Autoit v3 > Autoit Help File

when that loads then press the "search" tab

then type in "?your search?" and press "List Topics"

**** you can do this with any word you want

thats what i do all the time

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Yeah that sounds great, i'm starting to get really interested in learning autoit mostly to work my way up to other things like Perl and Visual BASIC

I'm kind of busy at the moment so i can't write much more but talk to me on AIM if you have it, my name's JimmusMaximuss

Horses for courses. You wouldn't use AutoIt to write a application to run an entire banking system. You would find it hard to get some solutions accomplished in VB or Perl that are relatively easy in AutoIt.

If you're kinda busy, how will I find the time to tutor you? ;)

Best bet - read the forums, read the Help file and try some of the examples to solve some real life problem you are having. If that doesn't work, consider a programming course at your local institute of higher learning.

on your computer press the following

Start > All Programs > Autoit v3 > Autoit Help File

when that loads then press the "search" tab

then type in "?your search?" and press "List Topics"

**** you can do this with any word you want

thats what i do all the time

8)

did you save that in a text file or something??! Edited by B3TA_SCR1PT3R

[right][font="Courier New"]...Run these streets all day, I can sleep when I die.[/font] [/right]

Horses for courses. You wouldn't use AutoIt to write a application to run an entire banking system. You would find it hard to get some solutions accomplished in VB or Perl that are relatively easy in AutoIt.

If you're kinda busy, how will I find the time to tutor you? ;)

Best bet - read the forums, read the Help file and try some of the examples to solve some real life problem you are having. If that doesn't work, consider a programming course at your local institute of higher learning.

What Confuzzled said is very true. AutoIt excels at automation, that is the emulation of keyboard and mouse commands. It's not ment for building non-automation focused programs.

I agree that if you're kinda busy tutoring will be difficult. :P Maybe we're all kinda busy though, it'll just be a matter of putting aside some time.

The forums are really great for getting help quick and most of the AutoIt documentation is also very helpful especially the examples.

AutoIt3ligenza is my AIM user identification.

Edited by ligenza