Help With Running Control Panel

hey guys i am very new to the whole scripting thing, but i just wanted to ask do any of you know how i can run control panel via scripting a Command prompt window to open and then input text and hit the enter key instantly?? i cannot access the Command prompt manually, as i am in a restricted network but i know i can open command promop via scripting, it just dissapears really quickly right after it has opened.. any help would be greatly appreciated

There is a very good chance that the control panel applet is simply making registry changes.  I would recommend bypassing automation of the control panel applet entirely and opt for a direct registry update. 

Here is a bigger question - are you ALLOWED to do things in the control panel by your network administrator? It is a straight up yes or no. If "no" (not allowed), then even doing it by command line will not be an option for you. Also if "no" (not allowed) we can not nor will not help you bypass the security measure put in place there for this is against forum rules.

If yes, then I have to ask why you are not allowed to have a command prompt and can you have the administrator grant you access to open a command prompt?

Edited by MBALZESHARI

• Moderators

AustinP,

Please answer MBALZESHARI's questions. And please no-one else post until we get an answer. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

OK i am not doing this in any way illegally.. i am trying out scripting on my own PC and using a Normal User account that i have restircted with my Admin account just to test things out really.. i dont need to "hack" any computer network i am simply wondering if it is at all possible?

I am my own Network Admin at home.. i just want to know if i can be done

Here is a bigger question - are you ALLOWED to do things in the control panel by your network administrator? It is a straight up yes or no. If "no" (not allowed), then even doing it by command line will not be an option for you. Also if "no" (not allowed) we can not nor will not help you bypass the security measure put in place there for this is against forum rules.

If yes, then I have to ask why you are not allowed to have a command prompt and can you have the administrator grant you access to open a command prompt?

I am my own Network Admin at home.. i just want to know if i can be done

• Moderators

AustinP,

Add #RequireAdmin to your script to run it as an Admin - you will need to enter your Admin account details of course. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area