runas command , run a windows command as administrator with parameters

i need to run a program whilst a user is logged on who is not a local administartor.

I need to pass parameters to this program

EG : How can I run C:\Windows\System32\program.exe u  as local adminisatrator 

I need to compile the script as an .exe, note there are spaces in the above command also.

I have searched through help and looked at using cmdline but this doesnt work. If I run a program for example C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe with no arguments it runs fine but as soon as i want to pass argunments to the program it does not run

Many Thanks 

Edited by itye1970

Welcome to the Autoit Forums :bye:

Can you post your script so that we may have a look?

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Change the username and password to the appropriate values for your system.
    Local $sUserName = "admin"
    Local $sPassword = "apassword"

RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, $iPID,  "C:\Windows\System32\bitlockerwizardelev.exe u", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)

; Wait for 2 seconds.
    Sleep(20000)

;ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

sorry is this one

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $sPassword = "anypassword"

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, "bitlockerwizard.elev u", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

; Wait 10 seconds for the Notepad window to appear.

; Wait for 2 seconds.
    Sleep(2000)

ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

• Developers

try:

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, 'bitlockerwizard.elev "\ u"', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

:-( still no luck. If i go to windows command prompt and type in C:\Windows\System32\bitlockerwizardelev.exe u , it works fine but still not working with autoit

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $sUserName = "123"
    Local $sPassword = "123"

; Run Notepad with the window maximized. Notepad is run under the user previously specified.
    ;Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, "calc.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, 'bitlockerwizard.elev " u"', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
    ; Wait 10 seconds for the Notepad window to appear.

; Wait for 2 seconds.
    Sleep(2000)

; Close the Notepad process using the PID returned by RunAs.
    ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $sPassword = "anypassword"

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0,'bitlockerwizard.elev "\ u"', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

sleep(2000)    

ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

EDIT: Didn't see Jos' reply, this is the same thing :)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

slow down, it seems you are throwing things at the problem, which will not help. Give a try to the script provided in my post #7 and tell us if it works or not :)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

• Developers

:-( still no luck. If i go to windows command prompt and type in C:\Windows\System32\bitlockerwizardelev.exe u , it works fine but still not working with autoit

Why is the no space in this line in u and in your script you have a space?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Why is the no space in this line in u and in your script you have a space?

Jos

This could be why your script is not working :P

Snips & Scripts

sorry its odd i know but it needs the space, the command from the windows prompt is

c:windowssystem32bitlockerwizardelev.exe u

Its the bitlocker reset password screen, for some reason microsoft decided to have a space in this command

the space needs to be there , otherwise it wont work.

Edited by itye1970

Alright, so did you give the script provided in post #7 a try? If so, what were the results?

Snips & Scripts

• Developers

sorry its odd i know but it needs the space, the command from the windows prompt is

c:windowssystem32bitlockerwizardelev.exe u

Its the bitlocker reset password screen, for some reason microsoft decided to have a space in this command

the space needs to be there , otherwise it wont work.

Ok, then the next question: Why is the programname different in the script?

So you want:

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, 'bitlockerwizardelev.exe "\ u"', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Replace the line in your script with Jos' from post #13

Snips & Scripts

did that but nothing appears

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $sUserName = "username"
    Local $sPassword = "password"

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, 'bitlockerwizardelev.exe " u"', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

sleep(2000)

ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

• Developers

Try this so the CMD window stays open and remove the Processclose()

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @comspec & ' /k bitlockerwizardelev.exe "\ u"', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.