Controlclick question/issue

Hello! I recently cam across a weird problem related to "controlsend" and "controlclick" functions.

So, if I use for example:

ControlClick("Window Title", "", "", "left", 1, 116, 78)

This line of code is working perfectly! Anyway, if I get the handle of the window and insert it into the above code, it stop working!

$hwnd = WinGetHandle ( "Window Title" )

ControlClick($hwnd, "", "", "left", 1, 116, 78) ;not working anymore

The controlclick/send functions shouldn't work with both, Window Title or Window Handle? 

If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate. :)

Edited by quarqo

I think it might have something to do with the window not being the active window, as per the remarks it must be the active window.

Local $hwnd, $active
$hwnd = WinGetHandle("Window Title")
$active = WinWaitActive($hwnd)
If $active = 0 Then
    MsgBox(0, "title", "error could not make window active")
    Exit
EndIf
ControlClick($hwnd, "", "", "left", 1, 116, 78)
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

You should really place in a control to click, as well.  Else, I believe you are clicking at a point within the focused control.  And those coords may be outside of the bounds of that control, effectively clicking nothing.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

very good advice, jdelaney. That could be your problem quarqo, if it is not because the window is not active.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ