Jon

• Administrators

File Name: AutoIt v3.3.13.19 Beta

File Submitter: Jon

File Submitted: 24 Aug 2014

File Category: Beta

3.3.13.19 (24th August, 2014) (Beta)
AutoIt:
- Fixed: Map setting of property using dot notation was creating duplicates.
- Fixed #2862: Regression in Copy-on-write optimization in arrays.

UDFs:
- Fixed #2853: Bad Run link in Notepad tutorial doc.
- Fixed #2854: Keyword reference doc page.
- Fixed #2861: _WinAPI_ReadDirectoryChanges() example.

Other:
- Fixed #2848: Script breaking changes not being highlighted.
- Fixed: Remarks missing in certain documentation pages.
- Fixed: Syntax highlighting missing in certain documentation pages.

Beta docs: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/docs/
Script breaking changes: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/docs/script_breaking_changes.htm

• Administrators

Not sure if you're finished with docs, but clicked a random link https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/docs/tutorials/simplecalc-josbe/simplecalc.htm and the page is weird looking, no syntax hilighting or code wrapping etc.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

It's technically my fault, as AutoIt code in the HTML files is nowadays parsed before the chm is built. I will need to re-think this improvement of mine.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I think FileRead() has a problem with some files. It's producing strange characters and increases the file size when written back to a test file.

FileWrite(@ScriptDir & '\test.png', FileRead(@ScriptDir & '\image.png'))

Here are the files:

FileRead.zip

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

You can't FileRead a binary file and expect to get anything legible out of it unless it's opened using FileOpen and the proper parameters, i.e. opened in binary mode, which you're not doing in that snippet.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I didn't have any problems with 3.3.8.1 using that snippet - and also 3.3.6.1.

-edit-

No joy with FileOpen() either.

Edited by ripdad

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

#include <FileConstants.au3>

Local $hIn = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & '\image.png', $FO_BINARY); script breaking since 3.3.12.0
Local $dBin = FileRead($hIn)
FileClose($hIn)

FileDelete(@ScriptDir & '\test.png')
FileWrite(@ScriptDir & '\test.png', $dBin)

ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & '\test.png')

Here is one which works, Just notice that it is a script breaking even in the Standard release 3.3.12.0

Why is that script breaking?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Administrators

It isn't really. Some people - mistakenly imo - relied on the fact that files would be opened in ANSI by default and made assumptions about how FileRead/StringLen would react to that when working with non-text files They should have been using binary mode anyway. 

The auto-detection has changed which might catch those users out. https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/docs/script_breaking_changes.htm

This will break over half of the scripts on the forum.

It also appears that the Default Mode has changed for FileOpen()

from 0 to something else. If I insert 0 into the mode parameter,

then it acts much better.

In any case, I have dual encodings in some of my files.

ANSI Headers with a Binary Body.

Web Browsers have no trouble with it, since that is their

Default behavior as data is streamed from a server.

It has worked great up to now.

So I'll have to figure out a solution or work-around for

this or stay with a particular version like 3.3.8.1,

which is no big deal, since it does all I want it to.

Would this be the correct usage for FileGetEncoding() ?

Local $sTest = @ScriptDir & '\test.png'
Local $sFile = @ScriptDir & '\image.png'

Local $encoding = FileGetEncoding($sFile)
MsgBox(0, '', $encoding)

Local $hFile1 = FileOpen($sFile, $encoding)
Local $hFile2 = FileOpen($sTest, $encoding + 2)
FileWrite($hFile2, FileRead($hFile1))
FileClose($hFile1)
FileClose($hFile2)

I have played with this, but can't get 100% consistent results.

FileGetEncoding() has changed quite a bit since 3.3.8.1.

It used to return all 0's -- which is ANSI.

Now, it is showing 16, 256, 1024, 2048 for the same filetype .png --

Different files with the same extension having different encodings.

Edited by ripdad

Open the file using FileOpen and binary mode?

I found a solution for my issue.

This seems to work across all versions.

You would have to modify it for your needs.

This is just an example (for viewing only).

Expect a crash if you run it.

;write file to drive
Local $hFile = FileOpen($sFile, 2 + 8 + 16); force write file in binary
FileWrite($hFile, $sRecv)
FileClose($hFile)
;
;--------------------------------------------------
;
;read file from drive
Local $hFile = FileOpen($sFile, 16); open file in binary
TCPSend($nSocket, BinaryToString(FileRead($hFile)))
FileClose($hFile)
Edited by ripdad

BrewManNH suggested that a couple of days ago.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018