IE _IEGetObjById Textinput invalid

Issue: I found I can set the value but it is not accepted.

Code:

$oIE = _IEAttach ("https://www.collateraldna.com/forms/default.aspx", "URL")

$oDiv = _IEGetObjById ($oIE, "APPRAISER")

$oDiv.value = "Me"  This works

_IEAction($oDiv, "click") Result 0 but does nothing

_IEAction($oDiv, "focus") Result 2 ($_IEStatus_COMError) - COM Error in Object reference

From IE F12 See in red

<input name="APPRAISER" class="TextInput invalid" id="APPRAISER" aria-describedby="ui-tooltip-439" style="width: 301px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid;" type="text" value="" validate="true">

What happens, on the screen I click on the field, enter "Me", click off the field and the textinput turns to valid.  I can add the text input by the .value but I can not get it to be accepted.  I can't get the click does not go anywhere and focus gives me the error.  How do I put in the value and then get it to validate????  Somehow I need it to execute.  

post-2959-0-90680800-1408940094_thumb.jp

You can also use .fireEvent method to to trigger arbitrary events.  Search the forum or see IE.au3 source to see how it is done.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

$oIE = _IEAttach ("https://www.collateraldna.com/forms/default.aspx", "URL")

$oDiv = _IEGetObjById ($oIE, "APPRAISER")

_IEAction($oDiv, "focus")
 ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "Me", 1)
 ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{TAB}")
 Sleep(50 )

This seems to work but not totally accurate but mostly. 

This is faster:

$oSubmit = _IEGetObjById ($oIE, "APPRAISER")

_IEAction($oSubmit, "focus")
$oSubmit.value = "Me" & " "
ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{BS}")
ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{TAB}")
Sleep( 50 )

I added a space and then sent a backspace to remove it and then a tab to get off the variable which triggered the validation.

I sent _IEAction( $oSubmit, "blur") but that did not seem to do anything.  I will try the .fireevent.

Thanks