Get Currently Set Screen Saver

Go to solution Solved by JLogan3o13,

This question actually comes in two parts.

First of all, I would like to know how to find out what the user has set as their current screen saver, and its file location.
Second, I would like to know how to launch the screen saver.

Because of possible malicious use, I figured I should explain myself. At the moment, I am writing this script for myself, but I could end up relieseing it to end users as an automation tool (not likely). I want to replace the current screen saver with my script, and automate things like running other programs (defrag, cleaning, ect) when the screen saver runs. So, I need my script to be able to find out what the current screen saver is, make a note of it and its location, and be able to launch the screen saver before doing its other tasks. The only problem is, I cannot begin to figure out how to do so.

Any help/examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

• Moderators
  • Solution

A simple Google search shows this page, which shows you the location in the registry, along with how to change it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2109-screen-saver-change.html

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thank you! :thumbsup:
If I could mark both your answers as best (because each of you answered each one of my questions) I would.

Thanks very much guys!

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.