Create artificial console

Go to solution Solved by diakonos1984,

I really like using the ConsoleWrite function in SciTE for debugging.  However, I need to install a small AutoIT application on another computer that doesn't have SciTE or AutoIT.  I need to be able to debug my applications operation on this other computer.

I would like to build a console mimic into my application.  Possible an Edit control.  I want to dump whatever would have gone to the SciTE console to this edit instead.

It can't be that hard, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the right way to do this.

Surely someone else has done this before!

Thanks/

• Moderators

Why not just write out to a log file (_FileWriteLog), and then create a GUI to parse through it?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Solution

I actually came up with a mostly effective solution:

Func MyConsoleWrite($MyText) ;Sends event log to SciTE console and to application log tab
     ConsoleWrite($MyText)
     GUICtrlSetData($Log,$MyText,"append")
EndFunc

My only complaint (and I'm getting over it) is that I can't use it for any events that occur before the $Log (Edit Control) are created in the GUI.  I guess that's okay.  It will record all user events now, just not application startup events.