Is it possible to use AutoIT to change Outlook Account settings?

BenJ

I created a VBA script in Outlook to change the account settings.

There's only one problem; Account and user settings are marked as READ ONLY when attempting to change them via VBA. So I need to figure out an alternative way of changing the settings.

Basically, I want to be able to click a macro button in Outlook, and have it pop up with the account to use, and if I want to change the account.CurrentUser Name and/or email address, change those prior to sending the email.

Changing the email address is simple, I just use the "sendUsingAccount" property. However, when I attempt to change the name, it fails.

Is it possible to use AutoIT to accept input from the user, select the account, and then change the account users Name and Email address?

I tried searching the forums with no luck.

Any tips or examples would be great, since I am just now attempting to learn AutoIT.

Personaly, I would use the ControlClick function if one was working with automated tasks like this.  You can use it on even minimized windows.

What are you trying to accomplish and why?

I am attempting to write some code that will allow the user to change the selected accounts current user's name and address. This is to allow the user (who owns their own domain) to send an email from any email address within that domain, and also any name within the domain. This is to be able to determine where their email was obtained from.

The reason for this is because the user owns the domain and wishes to operate in separate roles, such as a different address for sales, operations, support, ect. There are too many different addresses to simply make a separate "account" object for each role. They want the ability to create a new email address on the fly, within their existing domain.

I am new to AutoIT, how would I go about using the ControlClick function?

I am attempting to write some code that will allow the user to change the selected accounts current user's name and address. This is to allow the user (who owns their own domain) to send an email from any email address within that domain, and also any name within the domain. This is to be able to determine where their email was obtained from.

The reason for this is because the user owns the domain and wishes to operate in separate roles, such as a different address for sales, operations, support, ect. There are too many different addresses to simply make a separate "account" object for each role. They want the ability to create a new email address on the fly, within their existing domain.

I am new to AutoIT, how would I go about using the ControlClick function?

IDK about this.  Personally, I wouldn't go about it using outlook.  Autoit can be used for smtp mailing, but it all really depends on how your system works.  Do all of the email accounts have the same password, or is anonymous login on?

You could build a pretty simple client purely in autoit, but I have no clue how this would be done using outlook.