About Modifying Reg Key

tonysing

Go to solution Solved by devilman16,

Hello guy, I have just made a update patch for IE 11, including to disable some function of IE (i.e. auto upgrade)

However, thing goes wrong when I try to modify the reg key

#RequireAdmin
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN","EnableAutoUpgrade","REG_DWORD",0)
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation","AllSitesCompatibilityMode","REG_DWORD",0)
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation","IntranetCompatibilityMode","REG_DWORD",0)

Can anyone tell one what's going wrong in my program? Thanks a lot

After running the script, nothing happen. So that's the problem.

Those reg key remain unchanged :(

As I have to do the patch for both 32 bit and 64 bit system,

I wonder if different reg key is used in 64 bit system

Edited by tonysing

• Solution

Are your trying to change this keys on a x64 System with a x86 compiled script?
Then you have to use:

RegWrite("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN","EnableAutoUpgrade","REG_DWORD",0)
RegWrite("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation","AllSitesCompatibilityMode","REG_DWORD",0)
RegWrite("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation","IntranetCompatibilityMode","REG_DWORD",0)

Cause else they will be written to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftInternet Explorer ....

Also on x64 Systems you need to know that there exists a x64 iexplore.exe and a x86 iexplore.exe -> so you have to set the keys for the version you use

Edited by devilman16

Are your trying to change this keys on a x64 System with a x86 compiled script?

Then you have to use:

RegWrite("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN","EnableAutoUpgrade","REG_DWORD",0)
RegWrite("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation","AllSitesCompatibilityMode","REG_DWORD",0)
RegWrite("HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation","IntranetCompatibilityMode","REG_DWORD",0)

Cause else they will be written to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftInternet Explorer ....

Also on x64 Systems you need to know that there exists a x64 iexplore.exe and a x86 iexplore.exe -> so you have to set the keys for the version you use

Wow, Thanks a lot. At least it can solve my doubt. I will try it now and see if the problem is solve.

Besides, I want to know that when the modification apply on the computer? Is that after the script the keys will change immediately?

The problem is solved, thanks for your effort :)

Edited by tonysing