in my language I use RALT + s or RALT + SHFIT + s

śŚ

but AutoIt v3 info Window Info tool lock this key combination

Why ?

checked on

AutoIt v3 info Window Info

v 3.3.10.2 and 3.3.13.19

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Solution

Are you using Right ALT or ALTGr? ALTGr uses the keycode CTRL + ALT, and CTRL + ALT + S changes the spy++ logic detection in the Au3Info tool.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I use Right Alt

btw

in Poland we not use any localized Keyboard, but just normal "US English"

here are some interesting facts:

http://www.berlin.msz.gov.pl/pl/wspolpraca_dwustronna/poloniawniemczech/nauka_jezyka_polskiego/klawiatura_i_litery_polskie/

Klawiatura programisty jest zwykłą klawiaturą amerykańską (US English), na której polskie litery uzyskuje się przy jednoczesnym naciśnięciu klawisza AltGr. Jest ona chętnie używana przez programistów, ponieważ umożliwia szybki dostęp do znaków, używanych w różnych językach programowania. Ze względu na zupełnie odmienny układ od klawiatury niemieckiej nie ma ona dla nas większego znaczenia. Niestety, jest to podstawowa klawiatura, którą można nabyć w polskich sklepach. "Prawdziwa" polska klawiatura określona jest normą PN-I-06000:1997 (PN-87) i nazywana jest klawiaturą maszynistki. Jest to standard dla osób piszących bezwzrokowo.

Google Translate:

Keyboard programmer is a regular keypad American (US Angielski), where Polish characters are entered while pressing the AltGr key. It is willingly used by programmers as it allows quick access to the characters used in a variety of programming languages. Due to the completely different structure from the German keyboard it is not greater importance to us. Unfortunately, this is a basic keyboard, which can be purchased in Polish stores. "Real" Polish keyboard is set to PN-I-06000: 1997 (BS-87) and is called the typewriter keyboard. It is a standard for those writing without looking..

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

According to that page, the right alt is the ALTGr key on Polish keyboards using US International keyboard formats. Non-International versions of the US Keyboards (the normal keyboard used in the US) don't have an ALTGr key, but 2 separate ALT keys.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

We (people in Poland) are using "Non-International versions of the US Keyboards"

ps.

I just realize this: on the embassy website is an mistake.

"

Keyboard programmer is a regular keypad American (US Angielski), where Polish characters are entered while pressing the AltGr key.

"

this is not true.

btw.

I just posted 2 email on 

berlin.amb.sekretariat [at] msz.gov.pl

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

So we should determine, which keycodes are sent by your right ALT key.

Run the following script and then press the right ALT key.

;~ WhatKeyispressed.au3      Author: Exit
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
$hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")
GUICreate("Press any key(s) to show hex key codes ", 315, 315, -1, -1, Default, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
Local $a[16][16]
For $y = 0 To 15
    For $x = 0 To 15
        $a[$y][$x] = GUICtrlCreateLabel(Hex($y * 16 + $x, 2), $x * 20, $y * 20, -1, -1)
        GUICtrlSetState($a[$y][$x], $GUI_HIDE)
    Next
Next
$keydump = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", -50, 0, 0, 0)  ; Out of windows boundary. Will accept keystrokes.
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While True
    If _IsPressed("1B", $hDLL) Then ExitLoop
    If GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
    For $y = 0 To 15
        For $x = 0 To 15
            GUICtrlSetState($a[$y][$x], (_IsPressed(Hex($y * 16 + $x, 2), $hDLL) ? $GUI_Show : $GUI_HIDE))
        Next
    Next
WEnd
DllClose($hDLL)

When there are 4 codes (11,12,A2,A5) then your keyboard has the AltGR key on the right side. (International keyboard)

When there are 2 codes (12,A5) then your keyboard has the RALT key on the right side. (US keyboard)

Please post your result.

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

my result is: (11,12,A2,A5)

hmmmm......

intresting.

Is it related to windows driver or just Keyboard as hardware ?

btw.
LALT sending (12,A4)

and

I very like Your script @Exit.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

in Poland we not use any localized Keyboard, but just normal "US English"

It seems I was wrong.

Every day learning something new.

I mean that we use keyboard that have not any visual difference from US Keyboard (we do not want any visualization of national diacratics char)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Is it related to windows driver or just Keyboard as hardware ?

It is no hardware issue.

You can define additional keyboards in SystemSettings --> Region and Language --> Keyboards and Languages --> change keyboards.

If you add US-Keyboard, then AltGr becomes RAlt.

You can switch between Keyboard with Alt+Shift.

Just try it with my script and you will see the difference.

I very like Your script @Exit.

You're welcome ! :thumbsup:

And here a code to steal the hotkeys from AU3INFO.EXE

While ProcessClose("Au3Info.exe")
WEnd
HotKeySet("^!s","_Hotkey")  ; Cntl + Alt + s
HotKeySet("^!+s","_Hotkey") ; Cntl + Alt + s
ShellExecute(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AutoIt3\Au3Info.exe")
Sleep(2000) ; allow Au3Info to start
HotKeySet("^!s")  ; unset hotkey Cntl + Alt + s
HotKeySet("^!+s") ; unset Cntl + Alt + s
Func _HotKey()
EndFunc   ;==>_HotKey