run commands through Skype remotely

hitsoncd

How can I get an autoit Program, to run in the background, while skype is open, and pick up keywords when Instant messages are sent. I need this, so that I can run commands on my computer remotely.I know just about everything I need to know, to do this, but the problem is when I do a winwaitactive("Skype") with wingettext("Open notepad") underneath it, It will open notepad right after it see's Skype in the window, instead of waiting till it receives a instant message saying Open Notepad. Could some one help, or at least turn me on to the right path. Thanks.

Teamviewer, windows remote desktop, vnc through a secure tunnel, logmein, gotomeeting the list goes on. teamviewer is free for home use. You can control your desktop and shutdown or whatever if you like with that.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

• Moderators

I would have said use the Skype API, but it was discontinued in January except for a very few features. Please post your code so we can see what you're attempting to do.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

while 1

;$cool see's the word Skype in the first part of the window,
   ;and gets ready to run command below.
;$text should force this script  to wait until the words
;open notepad, show up in as an Instant Message,
:before command executes.

$cool = winwaitactive("Skype")
$text = WinGetText("open notepad")
$cool2 = $cool & $text

shellexecute($cool2)

shellexecute("notepad.exe")
sleep(10000)