program self integrity check

CiVQ

Hello.

So, how to make the executable self-check?

After some search, I've found nothing, except this post:

I have created a method, creating the checksum, and adding at the end of the .exe, and it works.

But, jchd wrote: ?do=embed#entry1196205'' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>?do=embed#entry1196205' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

Embedding the checksum INTO the executable should not work, except knowing the EXACT location of it in the program every time I recompile it. (Checking the file, and overwriting the existing, or empty checksum as a placeholder don't work, because it alters the file, so, next time the checksums won't match)

Any suggestions?

Edit: oh, there is a 'sister' topic already open: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

BR.

CiV.

Edited by CiVQ

I know that my code is ugly. But it works. Mostly.

I believe this is basically hacking and modifying an executable, of course it is possible, crackers do it all the time, I'm just not sure if it's against this forums rules to discuss it.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

No, I can't and don't want to hack executables. Even they are created by myself. It's a tough learning curve, to learn to binary edit a program, and nowadays I don't have time for such a thing.

I was just curious, whether well-spread knowledge about this topic existed.

But, as always, thank you for the answer.

BR.

CiV.

I know that my code is ugly. But it works. Mostly.