Get installed applications

Danyfirex

@Danyfirex,

The latest fixed the blank versions, matching, Windows. What I may do with this, is to extract the version, out of the name, to fill in the blank versions. If the version is not in the name, then get the version from the actual main executable. My main purpose, is to compare two Windows installations easily. The publisher's name, since some of those are also blank and a little concern for me. I also noticed, that not all the updates are showing as well. The only importance this would be, would be find, if a particular update is installed, that could be causing problems. ie., In the last two Windows updates, there were a few patches that affected VMware products, causing mouse and keyboard issues in Guest VM's.

I also noted, after sorting the array, it is not picking up all the programs. After a quick visual, I have two entries for a USB video adaptor, I use for a third monitor, from Display Link. Another one, that surprised me by not showing up, was WinRAR.

I am including the missed programs, and there may be a few more, after I do a true comparision, as a reference, in case there is another NON standard way that Windows is picking these up.

Thanks again for your script.

edited spelling

Edited by Rich071

Update. Now can get all this $AIM_DISPLAYNAME, $AIM_VERSION, $AIM_PUBLISHER, _

$AIM_PRODUCTID, $AIM_REGISTEREDOWNER, $AIM_REGISTEREDCOMPANY, $AIM_LANGUAGE, _
$AIM_SUPPORTURL, $AIM_SUPPORTTELEPHONE, $AIM_HELPLINK, $AIM_INSTALLLOCATION, _
$AIM_INSTALLSOURCE, $AIM_INSTALLDATE, $AIM_CONTACT, $AIM_COMMENTS, _
$AIM_IMAGE, $AIM_READMEURL, $AIM_UPDATEINFOURL

Saludos

@Danyfirex,

Wow, you have everything in there execpt the kitchen sink.

FYI, the actual Install dates, show up here under Column 12, unformatted, "20140815", which is not a big deal. Under. "InstallDate", the only items that are populated, are some the Windows updates, and that is only done partially, as most are blank. The data appears to be GUID's. For the regular applications, like Office 2007 Pro and Visio 2007 Pro. they are actually showing the Product ID's, confirmed, under the Installed Date and the rest of the regular apps are blank.

I'm using, Windows 7 SP1 x64 US version. Hope the feedback helps.

Thanks,

@Danyfirex,

FYI, concerning the Display Link, WinRAR and others that were not showing up, I tried a compiled x64 version of your code and my install count went from 193 to 230 with your script. I should have known better. :x

Thanks for a great script and all the updates. If I notice anything else, I will let you know.

Rich071

Update.

Now output Array columns are define by number of flags.

Saludos

why not using Win32_Product class?

same like wmic for cmd

wmic /output:C:\InstallList.txt product get name,version,vendor,installdate

Because than it would not be an ObjCreateInterface example would it.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Did You compile for x64?

If was compile for x86 just it will list only x86 applications.

Saludos

• 3 years later...

lol, there is a pair of registry keys you can enumerate to get all installed apps. installers know how to do this. each installation entry contains the string that uninstalls the product! that is how I have my installers do things. look up the id, get rid of old junk first, install new set.

I used log4a and RegSearch from here to show how easy a registry search can be

log4a.au3

RegSearch.au3

WhatIsInstalled.au3

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

there is a pair of registry keys you can enumerate to get all installed apps. installers know how to do this. each installation entry contains the string that uninstalls the product

Not to derail the thread too much but there are applications for which this is not the case, especially when it comes to the uninstall string; it is up to the repackager to ensure that value is there and frankly some high profile commercial products suck when it comes to this detail. During my time repackaging software into MSIs for companies we would employ a mixture of WMI and registry for as close to complete results as one could expect.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!