Get File Parts Script

DreamVB

Hello,

This is my second script submission for your it is a small include file I made to plug into your script.

With this script you will be-able to extract different parts of the path and filename.

At this point it supports the returning of:

Drive letter

FullPath and Filename

Filename including extension

FileTitle execudeing extension

File Extension

To use the attatched script place FileParts.au3 into your script folder.

Then add this line to the top of your script. #include <FileParts.au3>

Example is provided below showing the features.

;Inlcude this in your project
#include <FileParts.au3>

Local $Test
Local $Ret

;Test Filename
$Test = "c:\Word\BensProjects\AutoIt\FileParts\Testfile.txt"

;Used to display the example string in the messagebox.
Local $buff

;Example
$buff = "Drive " & GetFilePart($Test,$DriveLetter) _
& @CRLF & "Path: " & GetFilePart($Test,$FullPath) _
& @CRLF & "Filename: " & GetFilePart($Test,$FullFileName) _
& @CRLF & "FileTitle: " & GetFilePart($Test,$FileTitle) _
& @CRLF & "Extension: " & GetFilePart($Test,$FileExt);

;Display example.
MsgBox(64,"..--File Parts Demo by Ben Jones--..",$buff)

Well that's all hope you find it usfull.

FileParts.au3

Edited by DreamVB

On Error Resume Pulling Hair Out.

Is it a bit like _PathSplit?

It maybe dude I not looked at PathSplit yet. I just thought I see if I can do it without using any inbuilt functions build.

People have told me I like to re-invent the wheel, it also help me  under stand how things work under the hood

one thing knowing how a in-build function work even better understand how that function works.

On Error Resume Pulling Hair Out.

Constants should be all upper case in AutoIt, to distinguish between that of a standard variable. Also you might want to add some error checking e.g. try this >> GetFilePart("FILEPATH", 100)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018