Topic Watcher

Damein

Hey there, so I developed this program as a learning experience and decided to use it for another tech support forum I utilize and thought maybe I would expand upon it. Currently its in beta phase and it doesn't have all the bells and whistle's yet but I thought I would share it :)

So what it does is you select a topic you wish to keep an eye on and if there is a new post to said topic it will alert you; either by a window stating such or it can play a sound of your choosing.

And since AutoIt's forums disallow you to view some sections as guest it may not work on all of them! Just log out and try and view the topic as a guest and if you can you should be good to go.

Thanks!

******************************* EDIT *******************************

Info found in second post!

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

An update to this!

Alright guys, I'm gonna roll out this beta version.

MainGUI.png

The program at the moment can handle (I believe as many topics as you want)

It can only handle this website and the TeamFortressTV website's forums. Plans for more forums to come.

If you have a specific forum you would really like to see on here, PM me about it and I'll see if I can push out a personal one for you.

So the GUI is pretty self explanatory I believe. If you have any questions let me know. You cannot remove the first item in the list (Shown in this post as An R.S.S. Production)

You can add a new topic, which all you need is the URL and the name you wish to give it, the program should do the rest. Be warned, if you put in a URL that isn't the first page of a topic you will most likely make the program explode, just sayin'.

Removing a topic does not fully remove it, it just won't be checked or shown in the list (I don't think I allowed it to be checked.. I'll look into the in a couple days when I have more time) And if at anytime you try and re-add said topic it will alert you of it and ask if you simply want to add it back.

Viewing topic will open the topic in your default browser.

Sound will select where instead of a window stating a new post is found (It also now shows which topic it is as well) a sound of your choosing is played.

Change Time Interval will change how long in between refreshes in x minutes.

Change refresh style chooses whether or not you want it to automatically scan or manually.

And refresh is.. well.. if you can't understand it, don't use the internet.

So yeah, page link is: This doohickey.

Enjoy and let me know what you think/any problems you run into!

Source: 

Source.au3

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Thank you sir for pointing that out!

I have fixed it and also fixed a small problem in the saving of a new link.

Also added a version identifier in the bottom right corner!

New link is on the website, version 1.2

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

I'm sorry, its in the zip file, I'll add it to the 2nd post, forgot that ^^;

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Thanks, about my third site I've done.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

It's using the USkin library for the GUI skinning. Be aware though, the USkin dll is only available in a 32 bit version, it won't run as a 64 bit program so you'd have to add the line "#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n" at the top of the script.

Also, USkin doesn't handle Unicode characters, so if you're using anything other than ANSI it might not display correctly.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator