Logon user from task scheduler

Hi all, I am a new user of autoit. I searched a little but didn't find anything.

I am trying to automate a process that shoud have been done from the user. So there is a windows server that should run, on a scheduled basis, a script that should:

1) logon a user (with password) ... remote or local session I don't know

2) interact with desktop, run few software, press some buttons, copy some files

3) disconnect from remote desktop session (or local session)

4) end

is that even possible or is this impossible ?

In particular, I would like to have some info on the first point.

Thanks for help.

Yes, it's possible and people have done it before. I'm not sure what computergroove means, but the forums have helped with scripts such as this.

EDIT: It's not bypassing security if you have the username and password.. doh ;)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Yes, it's possible and people have done it before. I'm not sure what computergroove means, but the forums have helped with scripts such as this.

EDIT: It's not bypassing security if you have the username and password.. doh ;)

Hi Mikah, yes in fact I have user/password combination and I don't see how this can be a security risk (aside from having user/password in plain text into the script)

Ok I wait for at least a directgion to start from by some user of the forum.

Thanks.

No need to banter :)

Please have a look at the

Send() ; sending of strings
WinActivate() ; making window active
WinWaitActive() ; waiting till window is active
ControlClick() ; clicking on a specified control
; -- these are just some of the functions you'll need to look at

Otherwise, it is up to you to start trying things, and then once you have post your script and we'd love to help from there ;)

Searching of the helpfile should prove fruitful as well.

EDIT: doing a google search showed up this >topic as well, which may prove useful.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

I think the best approach to your problem is write two programs.

1st one stay on the remote PC.

1. On launch, perform automated task.
  2. Logoff on completion.

2nd program that start the remote session with startup program of 1st program.

Actually, Computergroove is correct.

See forum rule #1, second bulletpoint -  bypassing log-in and security dialogs.

1. Do not ask for help with AutoIt scripts, post links to, or start discussion topics on the following subjects:
  • Malware of any form - trojan, virus, keylogger, spam tool, "joke/spoof" script, etc.
  • Bypassing of security measures - log-in and security dialogs, CAPTCHAs, anti-bot agents, software activation, etc.
  • Automation of software/sites contrary to their EULA (see Reporting bullet below).
  • Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game.
  • Running or injecting any code (in any form) intended to alter the original functionality of another process.
  • Decompilation of AutoIt scripts or details of decompiler software.

This list is non-exhaustive - the Moderating team reserve the right to close any thread that they feel is contrary to the ethos of the forum.

I don't get how you guys are missing this, they have the username and password.

By entering it; they are NOT bypassing security; they are entering security credentials. If they did not have a username and password, then yes you would be correct.

EDIT: willichan and computergroove, if you have such problem please refer to the forum rules, "Finally, please do not enter into an argument with the original poster - that is why we have Moderators." If you think this violates the rules then feel free to report and let one of our experienced moderators figure this out.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

• Moderators

joker197cinque,

Unfortunately your username does not inspire confidence. ;)

Please PM me with some details of what run few software, press some buttons, copy some files really means. You get to the Messenger via the dropdown next to your username at top-right. Until I get a satisfactory answer we will lock this. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area