Can you tell me why IE is not returning in IENav or IECreate .

RickB75

Guys,

I'm wondering why IENavigate doesn't return for my company website. Using the example scripts, it returns for those sites but for some reason it isn't for my company website.

I just installed the latest version of AutoIT on my PC a few days ago.

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate()
_IENavigate($oIE,"http://www.beamantoyota.com/new-inventory/index.htm")

MsgBox(0,"hello","")

If I set to return immediately it does.

Edit: I'm using IE11 and I tried with IE10. I'm not getting any errors. It loads the page fine, it just doesn't return.

Edited by RickB75

I'm not sure what you mean by "return". Do you mean _IENavigate isn't returning a value? If so you haven't read it like so:

#include <IE.au3>
Local $oIE, $oIEnav

$oIE = _IECreate()
$oIEnav = _IENavigate($oIE,"http://www.beamantoyota.com/new-inventory/index.htm")

MsgBox(0, "hello", $oIEnav)

Otherwise, do you mean it is not actually navigating to the page you have specified in the call to _IENavigate?

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Basically once IENav goes to the page address, once it's done loading the page IELoadWait checks to make sure the page is loaded before the script returns by default. The script is not returning. It's like it is still waiting on the page to finish loading but the page is done from what I can tell. There's nothing else on the page to load.

Try just..

#include <IE.au3>
Local $oIE, $oIEnav

$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.beamantoyota.com/new-inventory/index.htm")
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "", @error)
    Exit
EndIf

MsgBox(0, "", "I'm fine")

Use this to test if it is timing out like you say.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Once the page opens (which it opens fine), the script isn't returning and there's no errors or message boxes that pop up. In the console, The script shows its running until I manually exit the script.  Is it working ok for you Mikah? Are you using IE10 or 11??

Edited by RickB75

I assume that the page internally redirects to another internal page, so that IELoadWait() cannot determine the end of load and times out.

Initial value for timeout is 5 minutes.

Here a script with modified timeout value.

You see the result after 15 seconds.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=y
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate()
_IELoadWaitTimeout(15000) ; 15 seconds
$Timer=TimerInit()
_IENavigate($oIE,"http://www.beamantoyota.com/new-inventory/index.htm")
MsgBox(64+262144, Default, round(timerdiff($Timer)/1000) & " seconds",0)

To investigate why the timeout occurs, you should analyse the server side processing of the page.

Edited by Exit

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

Yes, there is a problem on the page maybe with JS, PHP, or server, but I'm not web guru. I would see if this works..

$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.beamantoyota.com/new-inventory/index.htm", 0, 1, 0)

MsgBox(0, "", "hello I made it because we stopped looking for the webpage to load, and instead kept going")

EDIT: I'm using IE10

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

Exit,

It returned with your script. I guess editing the IELoadWait Timer is what I will have to adjust. I'm gonna reach out to our website provider and see if I can get this issue fixed. This was working fine a few days ago (Friday)  and I've never ran into any issues with Dale's scripts or functions.

Thanks guys for helping me narrow down the issue.

No problem, something for me to think about in future scripts, so thank you as well exit. :)

Snips & Scripts

Here an alternatively solution.

It checks for existence of a string in the trailer.

#include <IE.au3>
$Timer = TimerInit()
$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.beamantoyota.com/new-inventory/index.htm", 0, 1, 0)
While Not StringInStr(_IEBodyReadHTML($oIE), "ebsite by Dealer.com")
WEnd
MsgBox(64 + 262144, Default, Round(TimerDiff($Timer) / 1000) & " seconds", 0)

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()